ROM Hack Legendary Pkmn eggs with PokeSav?

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I'm going through a hacked version of Soul Silver and decided to make a fun, but "legit" team of 3 legendaries. By legit, I mean having Pokemon with correct stats for their level. To accomplish this, I am trying to hatch Lv 1 legendary pkmn so they have "normal" stats. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this with PokeSav. I know I can create a Pkmn Egg, but how do I make sure the stats are correct for a lv 1 legendary? Am I better off using AR codes to catch a Lv 1 legendary instead of trying to make an proper egg?

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Hatching a legendary is possibly the most non-legit thing you can do.
Did you read what I said? I just want a lv 1 legendary that has the stats it would normally have at lv 1. Its exactly like the Lv 1 Giratina you get from the Arceus event in HG/SS. I'm doing this on a hacked, harder version of the game, so the actual legit-ness of the Pokemon (if they are tournament legal) is out of the question.

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I think you are missing the point of legit legendary xD. You should just use a random number generator and generate the IVs that way...that is probably legit enough anyways.
I could but I don't know the range their stats are within. Heck if i knew that I could just create them in PokeSav.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
jurassicplayer said:
I think you are missing the point of legit legendary xD. You should just use a random number generator and generate the IVs that way...that is probably legit enough anyways.
I could but I don't know the range their stats are within. Heck if i knew that I could just create them in PokeSav.

I can't stand people who hack Pokemon games, but here.

http://pokemon.marriland.com/

Use the Pokedex to find the Pokemon you want and it should have a listing of stats at Level 100.

Here's an example of Chikorita's:

youdirtyhacker.jpg

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
http://pokemon.marriland.com/

Use the Pokedex to find the Pokemon you want and it should have a listing of stats at Level 100.
I needed the stats for Lv 1 but thank you.
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jul 9 2010, 05:48 PM) I can't stand people who hack Pokemon games, but here.
BTW, I am hacking Pkmn for the fun of it. I would never bring this stuff onto a legit cart or a legal tournament. So get off your high horse.

Anyway, I'm just using AR cheats to catch them at lv 1 in Platinum, then will transfer them to SS hack using Pokesav.
Mods, please close this topic before I get more flack for playing a hack the way I want.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You could do the following:

-Get the LVL 1 legendaries (use cheats)
-Then, get all the data about these events (bulbapedia should help)
-Hack it with pokesav, in the wondercad section. Put everything to 0, the date to the minumun possible, no ID/SID trainer name and other things that are always (like the place, Shinjho ruins). Export the PGD and PCT (you can put a message)
-Then, hack a wondercard so you don't have to worry about stats-iv's

I think is the most easiet way

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necron N.N said:
You could do the following:

-Get the LVL 1 legendaries (use cheats)
-Then, get all the data about these events (bulbapedia should help)
-Hack it with pokesav, in the wondercad section. Put everything to 0, the date to the minumun possible, no ID/SID trainer name and other things that are always (like the place, Shinjho ruins). Export the PGD and PCT (you can put a message)
-Then, hack a wondercard so you don't have to worry about stats-iv's

I think is the most easiet way
I used the AR cheats to catch them in Platinum and then used PokeSav to transfer them over to the SS save. They don't show up in the Pokedex, but I'm just playing the hack for fun so I don't really care that much.

TY for actually trying to help me out though.

OtakuGamerZ said:
I remember using the "instant egg in daycare" cheat to force a legendary and Ditto to make an egg.
Did not know about this cheat. Didn't see it listed under Platinum cheats. : shrugs: oh well.

QUOTE(NDStemp @ Jul 10 2010, 12:01 AM)
Can you get any legendary at level one besides Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia..? And legendary Pokemon don't come from eggs so it'll be hacked. Except for Manaphy.
...... I know it would be hacked. I already asked how to use Pokesav to get legendary eggs.. Also, I already figured it out.

Really, does no one read the thread before they post??

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
gumbyx84 said:
Hey all. I'm going through a hacked version of Soul Silver and decided to make a fun, but "legit" team of 3 legendaries. By legit, I mean having Pokemon with correct stats for their level. To accomplish this, I am trying to hatch Lv 1 legendary pkmn so they have "normal" stats. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this with PokeSav. I know I can create a Pkmn Egg, but how do I make sure the stats are correct for a lv 1 legendary? Am I better off using AR codes to catch a Lv 1 legendary instead of trying to make an proper egg?

I could be wrong... but don't the stats get normalised upon hatching / leveling?

If that's the case you could just copy any egg and change the pokemon, name and moves

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
gumbyx84 said:

I could be wrong... but don't the stats get normalised upon hatching / leveling?

If that's the case you could just copy any egg and change the pokemon, name and moves

I did not know that..... That would have made things much easier. LOL

Well, thank you for that nugget of info. Anyone know if that is true? Would help me when I take on Platinum Deluxe with custom team.
smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Stats are recalculated and fixed when a pokemon is deposited to the PC.

Simply set the pokemon's level to 1 in pokesav, set it's moves to what it'd know at level 1 (which would just be the "start" move(s)), then in the game open the PC, stick the pokemon in, and take it out.

Then you have a pokemon with the right level 1 stats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4