Homebrew RELEASE Nro2Nsp Retroarch Rom/Nro Forwarders!

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nro2Nsp!
An Easy to use Nsp builder for Redirection or internally built nsps using nros and now Retroarch Rom forwarders

themedMenu.JPG

3.3.6 Beta 4
- Fixed error with keys with lowercase letters being flagged as invalid
- Fixed unrelated error message being displayed in some cases
- Fixed App crashing if no key files are found
- Add new information to logs to help debug issues

3.3.6 Beta 3
- Added "logo" and "animation" paths to core.xml for use to automatically set logs per core platform
- (Feature Request) Added Auto set logos in logo menu -- see above
- (Feature Request) If "Preset Author" is set to "core" in the settings menu then author box will be set to selected retroarch core platform

**These are experimental, please report any bugs and any updates to cores.xml needed

v3.3.6 Beta 2

- Fixed Rolling TitleId error
- Improved Failed build error message
- Fixed extra files being saved to pc
- Added Keyfile checks with Value Compare (experimental)
- Updated Key Generation Revisions

v3.3.6 Beta 1

- Added export forwarders as "Nros" (Note you'll need to use Title Override for titles that require more ram)
- Added Setting to allow official TitleId range, Use with caution to avoid conflicting ids (Allows Hid-mitm)

Requirements:
-------------
https://github.com/Root-MtX/Nro2Nsp/wiki/Requirements

Use && Credit:
https://github.com/Root-MtX/Nro2Nsp/wiki

For faster help and support please join SwitchDev on discord for all Nro2Nsp needs. I’m more active here and would appreciate feature requests
https://discord.gg/pG9Bvuc

Last edited by re.lax,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no Source, also, unless you are Matt_Teix, give credits to the proper creator.

This tool is made on C#, it uses Devkit [Switch Library Only], so you will need it ;D.

IF and only IF you are Matt_Teix, thanks for the tool, been using it a while now C:

Skonikol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What could be the problem? The keys are definitely all right.

Attachments

• 2FF7793A-EF80-4817-B857-DE6F07EC5CD8.jpeg
    2FF7793A-EF80-4817-B857-DE6F07EC5CD8.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 1,015
  • 95EFC7B1-26C9-4F67-8A8F-54CFA11DAC3C.jpeg
    95EFC7B1-26C9-4F67-8A8F-54CFA11DAC3C.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 983

Skonikol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Now I can't get the icon (size and format are correct).:wacko:

Attachments

• 5457554B-5729-4283-A05D-00A39834841E.jpeg
    5457554B-5729-4283-A05D-00A39834841E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,004

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This works a treat I was using it late last night and all the nsp builds I did all worked on firmware 6.0. Just an easy guide to help everyone set this up:
Download this and fully install the latest version 3.0.3 for windows
https://github.com/devkitPro/installer/releases

Then to get the keys.dat file grab the same keys.txt from the XCI-Explorer folder you use to check your xci files out on your pc if you have not got one download XCI-Explorer run it and it will download a keys.txt file and rename that too keys.dat use bulk rename if you need too. Put that in the resources folder.

Grab your imgs from google resize them down with windows paint 256 x 256 save as jpeg. Click on the img box in nro2nsp and find your img click on that.

Add your details app name, any title Id would do use the original one just add 22, 23, 24 etc at the end of the id, made by .....

Make sure you pick either the correct nro file for full nsp in the Romfs box or for a forwarder you want /switch/gcdumptool/gcdumptool.nro in the Sdmc box for a working example. Make sure your route to the .nro file is correct from the route of your sd card from the switch folder to the nro file else the Nintendo Switch will throw an error up starting the homebrew, it should then compile a working nsp then install it via your preferred method.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Grand-Master

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the write up, new version is in the pipe and hopefully will finished soon. Had to do a whole new rewrite. I’ll post the source when it’s done. It’ll make its own .nacp now (no linkle required). Convert any picture to a proper 256x256. Possibly MacOS and Linux support(don’t know if it’ll work yet) a long with some other minor tweaks.

Reactions: Skonikol and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the write up, new version is in the pipe and hopefully will finished soon. Had to do a whole new rewrite. I’ll post the source when it’s done. It’ll make its own .nacp now (no linkle required). Convert any picture to a proper 256x256. Possibly MacOS and Linux support(don’t know if it’ll work yet) a long with some other minor tweaks.
No problem thank you for this app. This in my opinion without a doubt is the easiest homebrew nsp compiler I know in the scene and I know a lot of users out there would love to make their own homebrew/nsp files and why not, in my opinion for newbies this is the best and easiest application to use and I don’t think potential users realise just how easy it is. Feel free to add the information to your op if you want? it’s very straight forward to understand and works I also look forward to your future developments.

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
New Version with source up, test and let me know how it works!
Thanks for the update I will test it soon as I can also I thought of something you could add to the project how about extracting the nsp as well into nca or even layeredfs format that would be a very handy option.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over