SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Sure! I've learned a lot from bullying myself Every time I improve my craft a little I then look at my previous iterations and I'm like 'Who made this awful textures?? This person should be executed' :cry:
  • The borders of the mountain in the first pircture have lost the transparency. If they look fine on PNG format then it must be related to the compressed format. If it's not a transparency problem and you made the border more noticeable on purpose, at least for me, it looks weird.
  • The colors of the textures in the pictures 1 & 4 are different from the vanilla game. You can fix this by editing the images, adjusting only the tint/temperature and not the saturation.
  • The flowers on the second image have lost a lot of contrast. Since you seem to aim to preserve the original look of the game, you should look for those changes, since they could be present on more textures than you imagine.
  • The ground on picture 4 looks very hard, compared to the fluffy feel of the original, and also lost a lot of detail. This kind of textures are the hardest, and one of the many ways to fix the surface's 'feel' is to blend the original texture with the upscaled one. Sounds weird, huh? :ha:
  • Numbers in the last picture have pixels from other numbers showing on the sides, this is an error present on the original textures, and sometimes it can become very noticeable. To fix this you can move the numbers a bit or cut the border that invades the number next to it.
  • The grainy background is missing from the green UI in the last picture. Some like clean UI, but I believe that the grain was added on purpose. That's your choice. You can always edit the texture, add noice and the pixelate it and blur it a little bit.
Everything else looks fantastic! And I believe that if you learn to spot and correct those things you'll be the first option to look at when looking for the perfect 'I just want to original textures but in HD'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: