Hardware Left half green...right half black on component

viperuws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says...I get a left half that is green and the right half that is black...this only happens on component. Composite works perfectly fine aside from only 480i.
frown.gif

This happened when I was loading a backup copy of one of my games using gamma and I pressed the home key and went to the wii menu. Then it messed up from there. this happens inside and outside games...and audio still works. the cables aren't loose but they might have gone bad that second as I used them for quite awhile but I don't have another way to test them really. I am on 3.3u if that matters. And this happens on both sets of component ports on my TV.

I also tried the cable by putting the green into the yellow composite and it shows black and white on both 480i(entire screen) and 480p.(shows 2 screens side by side) with only the green plugged in or all plugged into the component...it only shows that half green half black thing...I am so lost. My wii settings got messed up somehow or something.
frown.gif

Anyone have any idea what went wrong with my component?

viperuws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya ok wow...I feel so stupid right now...

I solved the problem by turning the tv off then back on again...I don't know what this fixed if some setting on my tv with syncing got messed up but it fixed it. I am a linux admin so forgive me for not thinking to restart everything as that is a last resort in my line of work...I should have though back to my good old helpdesk days dealing with windows...when in doubt...restart. Although I did restart the wii many times.
tongue.gif

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
no doubleposting please,use the edit button instead.

Ontopic:
Hmm nice tip...If this ever happens to me,since i am a user of gammA,i know what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu