Hacking left click

umarnasir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of no where my left click button suddenly die slowly (lose) is response when i click it
then it suddenly die on me
its internal damage for sure because the button is clicking perfectly fine

but out of no where it suddenly works like new then a day later it dies out on me

i had drop my ds prior 2 weeks a go but wasnt much of a fall and no damages happen till this one

i am just wondering why is working oneday and the other day it isnt
i planned to take it into Nintendo this Thursday

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The most common cause of this sort of thing is dust, see one of the stickies or threads about opening the case up and clean it with a cotton bud and some alcohol.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Similar thing is happening to me, sometimes it's unresponsive, other times fine. Think it could be because it was in my pocket and got dust and weed and stuff in it.

umarnasir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my wwas like plain dead it like it was broken
then out of no where it works
(its broken again)
i tried change the ds a bit to move this so called dust but it just stays dead

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem (with my 4 day old DSL) only it was the right shoulder button it just seemed really loose and you had to press down hard for it to register in game :\ I took it back yesterday and got a new one but this one feels almost the same :'(

Although it responds better ingame so maybe I'm just being paranoid
unsure.gif

EDIT:
Just to be clear the DSL was less than 4 days old and I had never put it in my pocket nor let anyone else touch it. I only noticed it when I was playing Final Fantasy 3 and switched between character in the equipment menu. I compared the click to my DS Phat and notticed that the Phat was alot better. :\

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping an old topic, but its been happening to my DS Lite for a while now (about 1.5 month). Yeah, I used to put it in my pocket very often so it could be the dust getting inside.

But could it also be the reason that I dropped it a few times? lol.. I dropped it in a total of 3 times I believe. But I don't think its a hardware problem, because if I press the L button in an abnormal way, it works, it just doesn't feel comfortable. So I don't think it's an internal problem.

I need to find a store that sells screwdrivers for my DS Lite. Anyone from Canada, Ontario that knows a store that would sell such a thing? I never went around shopping for these things before.
tongue.gif

umarnasir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i took my in for repair they just gave me a brand new one on the spot for free
you should do that cause ur still under warrenty

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The L&R shoulder buttons are held in place with a thick pin, its is not screwed in. The button is held by this loose pin that is placed through holes on the top and bottom. Its easy to get loose that is praimary cause of dead buttons i would say, as the L button isnt touching the sensor and going in another direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1