Hacking Ledge's Custom Widescreen Gamecube Banners for USB Loaders

ledgerewskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. A couple of years ago, I posted some widescreen Gamecube banners in AbdallahTerro's awesome thread. Recently I began redoing some of them, so I decided to make my own thread to post them. All of these banners are made to work in 16:9, and most have required quite a bit of editing in gimp to look good.

Each banner also has unique audio, either as some form of fanfare or a looping track. I've taken care to use audio tracks short enough to preserve quality while also keeping the filesize very low, so that USB loaders can load the banners very quickly.

There are about seventy, so here are just a few examples; you can see most of them at this imgur link.

F0mtylw.png

ZPDM3QP.png

4val1Y7.png

dpZtcj7.png

MtKKYr3.png

w36eCuR.png

Here is the download for the WADs, for easier editing.

Here is the download for the .BNRs, for easier installation.

Last edited by ledgerewskie,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really good. I use USB Loader GX and had the loader download all the custom banners for me a long time ago. Do you know if your custom banners will be uploaded to the same place that USB Loader GX downloads custom banners from? Like if I delete all my banners and have the loader redownload them, will they download your new ones or do I have to manually download them? Thank you.

ledgerewskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really good. I use USB Loader GX and had the loader download all the custom banners for me a long time ago. Do you know if your custom banners will be uploaded to the same place that USB Loader GX downloads custom banners from? Like if I delete all my banners and have the loader redownload them, will they download your new ones or do I have to manually download them? Thank you.
No, they're not uploaded anywhere but the links I posted. If you download the BNRs it's a simple drag and drop operation, though.

Reactions: Clutz450

PrisonMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i just modde my wii and need banners for some games.
Beyond Good And Evil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Burnout
Burnout 2 Point of Impact
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
Crash Nitro Kart
Crazy Taxi
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Madden NFL 08
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Superstar Baseball
Namco Museum
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary
NBA 2K2
Pac Man World 2
Pac Man World 3
Pokemon Coliseum
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havok
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Resident Evil Zero
Shadow The Hedgehog
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut
Sonic Gems Collection
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Riders
SoulCaliber II
Spongebob Squarepants Battle For Bikini Bottom
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
SSX 3
Super Monkey Ball
The Simpsons Hit And Run
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

If a game already has an icon, just don't make another one.

Last edited by PrisonMike,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try the automatic banner download from loaders?
are these really missing? there are some pretty well known games, I would have guessed they were present and you could download them already.

I'm not sure if you realize, but the thread's last post is dated from 2016.
The banner creator didn't connect to GBAtemp since 2016.

If you expect that specific creator to create something for you it'll never happen.
Maybe someone else will feel like wanting to help, but highly unlikely. I don't know if anyone is still creating banners.
You could try making them, there are tutorial out there, but missing lot of screenshots so the tutorial might be harder to follow. Maybe using time machine/backup sites to see the pictures.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What site are you using to download your banners from? From what I believe, the address has changed over the years so depending on your setup maybe all you have top do is update the address in your Loader. I believe the correct address now is https://banner.rc24.xyz/ Not sure if it has the banners that you say are missing but it's worth a shot.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you use USBloaderGX, you can update the loader revision, it'll update the URL too.
or (for whatever reasons if you want to keep an old revision, like 1268 or 1271 being more stable than 1272), you can edit that URL in the GXGlobal.cfg file in a text editor. Look at the bottom to edit the banner URL.
I don't know about other loaders, but just update them too to be sure it's using that URL.

Reactions: LegzRwheelz

Dadidon

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[B]ledgerewskie[/B]
Hi!
I am delighted with your banners, and more specifically with your artistic sense when creating them!
Do you have more of your achievements in this topic?
I wanted to do these things myself, because I think: nobody can do it better than me, but there is no way to download "gcbanner".Isn't there really nobody's gonna do it better than me? Hmmm ... There is someone who will do better: Ledgerewskie! You are genius!
I greet you

Fancy2209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What site are you using to download your banners from? From what I believe, the address has changed over the years so depending on your setup maybe all you have top do is update the address in your Loader. I believe the correct address now is [REDACTED CAUSE SPAM PROTECTION] Not sure if it has the banners that you say are missing but it's worth a shot.
Those are made for 4:3 and look streched

Commodoro64

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, ive made 4 new game custom banner for usb loader gx.
i added music instead of gamecube sound and change some main screen.
is possible to upload them on banner.rc24.xyz? i dont know if you manage this thing or you know who can do, but i want to share my work

GCDP08

GBZP08

GBLP52

GAUE08
re0.png
front primal fury ok.png
re code veronica.png

Attachments

• nuovi banner.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by Commodoro64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.