Least Favourite OS

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have an operating system you absolutely cannot stand, please post about it below.

Mine definitely has to be Windows 8, because of its excessive focus on touch-controls. Microsoft managed to fuck up the START MENU; how can you possibly screw up something so simple‽ They turned a nice, simple list of pinned programs into a separate unwieldy screen filled with boxes of mismatched sizes (some were squares, some were rectangles, with seemingly no reason given as to the size, strewn practically haphazardly around). It was immensely ugly and not at all convenient.

I'm still baffled why Microsoft decided to keep some of that repulsive bullshit when transitioning to Windows 10, with those intrusive "Live Tiles" on the restored Start Menu. WHY GATES WHY

Windows 7 > Windows 10 > Windows 8, and I've barely used 7!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Win Me and Win 8.
Worst Windows OS ever.

Chrome OS, I agree.
Also fuck Android x86.
What did Android x86 ever do to you? I've never gotten it to successfully install after a reboot, but that's besides the point.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you kidding me? Explain ? I like Windows 10 and never had a problem and still today. Am I missing something?^_^
Well it's bloated, comes with candy crush pre-installed for fucks sake. It has updates that delete your documents and fuck up your install. It's slow, even a fresh install uses around 2.5gb of ram and is very sluggish if you're not using an ssd. The default apps included are worse than those included with windows 7 (Windows Media Player > Groove Music, Control Panel > Windows settings). It also likes to randomly nuke my linux dual boot for no reason. The ui is also pretty ugly but I guess that is a matter of taste. It has some good features such as automatically acquiring drivers from windows update (although this is annoying if you want to stay on an older driver version). It's got wsl and windows terminal which are kind of neat. But overall it's a worse experience than windows 7 or most Linux Distros.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Windows 10 pr, for it fails to do it's own updates, crashes, increased the ads shoing locations and feels insecure by overruling me when i wanna use other apps then edge.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's bloated, comes with candy crush pre-installed for fucks sake. It has updates that delete your documents and fuck up your install. It's slow, even a fresh install uses around 2.5gb of ram and is very sluggish if you're not using an ssd. The default apps included are worse than those included with windows 7 (Windows Media Player > Groove Music, Control Panel > Windows settings). It also likes to randomly nuke my linux dual boot for no reason. The ui is also pretty ugly but I guess that is a matter of taste. It has some good features such as automatically acquiring drivers from windows update (although this is annoying if you want to stay on an older driver version). It's got wsl and windows terminal which are kind of neat. But overall it's a worse experience than windows 7 or most Linux Distros.

Wow.

What about wsusoffline? Does it helps ? I used it as offline and selects most important update only.. Not an options update.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
The worst?
The OS on a chinese mp3 player...
Terrible tranlsation, buttons that didn't do what they did they do, horrible colors, horrible icons, slow...

- - - -

Windows 8?
Really?
I used it, it was faster and cleaner than Windows 7.
I just installed ClassicShell (now OpenShell) and Windows 8 worked similar than Win7 (same desktop) just faster and with better keyboard shortcuts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse