Gaming learning chinese

darksnow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my parents are really bugging me on how to read and write chinese, and i find i simply cant learn much from books/school.
i've been wondering if there is a homebrew which can help me with my kanji.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, learning Kanji wouldn't help you with Chinese. Since Kanji are a Japanese modernized version of the Chinese Kangxi dictionary, you'd eventually be on a far-off tangent. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any programs that'll help you with Hanzi (Traditional Chinese).

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why learn Chinese?
I'm fluent in Chinese/Canto/Mandarin/Taiwanese and all i'm doing right now is honing my Japanese...

Are you learning Chinese for a good reason? I started to take Japanese in high school since I will be going there as an exchange student (my parents insisted as part of my grandparents are Japanese). Yeah, and to understand Japanese video games =D

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
There's an excellent piece of software called Wen Lin. It's a bit pricy, though. Totally worth it, however.
If you have a Palm OS PDA you can also try out Plecodict, an amazing piece of work and very useful for studying Chinese.

No homebrew that I know of.

It's an excellent decision. I'm a Mandarin speaker and have lived in China for four years. It's an interesting, complex, yet totally logical and fun language to learn. Not only that, but 1.3 billion people in the world speak a form of it. Not bad, right? The other interesting thing is that you'll be able to understand perhaps 30% of Japanese simply from reading the Hanzi, or Kanji - Korea as well with their Hanja.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really want a Learn Japanese game to come out, although I doubt it will. I doubt this because the Japanese make Learn Language games, or at least as far as I know. Is there any homebrew for learning JAPANESE?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NightKry said:
as part of my grandparents are Japanese

Which parts? 2 finger, 4 toes, an eye and 11 ribs?

tongue.gif

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
arctic_flame said:
NightKry said:
Why learn Chinese?

If you can't think of 4 reasons within a second of thinking of that question, you're not old enough.

This question is connected to my other question of "Are you learning Chinese for a good reason?" As most of the people on videogame boards are most interested in learning Japanese than Chinese.

thebobevil said:
QUOTE(NightKry @ Apr 4 2008, 02:53 AM)
as part of my grandparents are Japanese

Which parts? 2 finger, 4 toes, an eye and 11 ribs?

tongue.gif

>.> Very funny, but no. One of my grandmother is Japanese. So I guess that'll be one head, two arms, two legs, some hair... and other stuff?

But wow, this site is real hostile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to