Leak???? OMG

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could bug me night and day. If there's nothing I can do, I tell them and so be whatever crap they spout. It's annoying, and I'm positive it gets absolutely aggravating at times, but that's the point. If a scene dies while someone could do something, is that not worse than if they had and half the scene whined because they weren't on the right firmware. And again, no proof this is real, and no proof Nintendo will patch. And again, if they do, the main focus then should be to find a new IOSU exploit and keep that private for devs, then see if there is a way to get users downgraded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but they probably have at least one employee who's job it is to check out hacks and exploits online, i would expect that - don't you?

No, that's absolute ludicrous. At best they have a bot that continuously scans the internet for keywords. Still an issue, but not an immediate threat.

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
These threads are really confusing, I do check them, because of the small pieces of knowledge I can accidentally grab from them.

From what I understand there was some information, that was out and about in the open, somebody reported that information and now everybody is fighting again?

No, that's absolute ludicrous. At best they have a bot that continuously scans the internet for keywords. Still an issue, but not an immediate threat.

It really isn't. Whilst I'm not Nintendo, I once worked in an area of the media and one of my early roles was to essentially check for similar things. And...

Imagine being paid to just view twitter, gbatemp, reddit wii u/3ds hack subreddits, and other hacking sites for a living.

It was the most soul-destroying work to be given in all honesty.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
but they probably have at least one employee who's job it is to check out hacks and exploits online, i would expect that - don't you?
If Nintendo was really concerned about the exploit they would patch it whitin the leak week, there's no reason why they wait this long, actually there's a reason, they don't give a rat ass about Wii U.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't think it's ridiculous at all! but if that is your opinion - ok.
if a huge company doesn't pay a low wage to one guy just to keep an eye on the latest security stuff, i'd be surprised. (although sure, possibly nintendo doesn't, but i'm sure sony must)

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Media and technology are different fields though. I would bet they have a small group of people who they more or less have peruse the internet for this sort of thing, but it's definitely not going to be someone's main job. And if it were, they would develop a bot to do this for them, it's not hard to script one up.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo was really concerned about the exploit they would patch whitin the leak week, there's no reason why they wait this long, actually there's a reason, they don't give a rat ass about Wii U.
You have to admit, some of us thought the same thing about the 3DS. Although it took Nintendo months before they ended up patching svchax.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does patch the kexploit.. several months down the line.

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to admit, some of us thought the same thing about the 3DS. Although it took Nintendo months before they ended up patching svchax.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does patch the kexploit.. several months down the line.

This is assuming the Wii U is even remotely worth as much to Nintendo as the 3DS. It isn't. And also, legit question, because I don't know the answer, but I have a pretty good feeling it will work in favor of a point I'm trying to make: did that patch destroy the 3DS scene?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is assuming the Wii U is even remotely worth as much to Nintendo as the 3DS. It isn't. And also, legit question, because I don't know the answer, but I have a pretty good feeling it will work in favor of a point I'm trying to make: did that patch destroy the 3DS scene?
Not yet consoles are not being shipped with firmware that high yet and you can still perform a hardware downgrade.

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the thing is, we don't have that many active developers. That's what is different. CafeOS is rigged with a lot of fucking bugs, I'll tell you that. But the people to exploit said bugs, we just don't have. (well, not many)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1