Lead Game Designer talks Gamasutra about GOW: Ascension

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hyro-Sama, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    [​IMG]

The lead designer for God of War: Ascension, Mark Simon, sat down with Gamasutra to discuss some of the challenges facing the development of the new installment. He stated that the focus of the game will be to make Kratos more human throughout all aspects of the game, giving the player a greater sense of accomplishment during gameplay, and having the gameplay steer away from the spam factor as well as a multitude of other areas that the new installment will address. You can read the entire interview and get the full details at Gamasutra.

:arrow:Gamastura

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Make Kratos more human? Is he going too express emotions which differ from vengeful anger?

1 person likes this.
  3. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    They want make Kratos seem more heroic and a person who overcomes adversity similar to the Rocky Balboa principle instead of him being a rage monster whose invincible.

4. narutofan777

narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2010
    Afghanistan
    I'm tired of this prequels to prequels thingymajig.

5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    This is probably a good idea. Kratos in the first God of War was actually somewhat sympathetic and pitiable... as the sequels rolled along, he became more and more tiring. You can only indiscriminately slaughter so many classical Greek figures before it just gets tiring.