LBP coming to PSP!!!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by WildWon, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009

LBP coming to PSP!!! by WildWon at 6:17 PM (2,652 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Via Kotaku

---
    "Hot from this week's annual Destination Playstation meeting comes news of LittleBigPlanet, Rock Band and Assassin's Creed for the Playstation Portable.

Rock Band Unplugged will include Wi-Fi support and a "fully-featured in-game store" for downloadable content in the North American and Europeans markets.

This fall will see the release of MotorStorm Arctic Edge and LittleBigPlanet for the PSP. These titles will be built from the ground up for PSP..."
    ---

Mmmm.. I don't have a PS3, and i've really been interested in LBP. Looks like my prayers are answered!

Heh, Rock Band for PSP... i'll check it out, but yea... no real hope for that one.
    Assassin's Creed, never played it. Looked interesting... will probably check out the PSP version.
    As for MotoStorm, never really played them... dunno if i'll check this or not. But it will make some people happy [​IMG].

2. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Fuck yeah!

Mostly hyped about AC and MS, please do it right Ubisoft. [​IMG]

3. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States

-Rock Band.. PSP... ugh. I love it on consoles but I dont see this working well.
    -LBP, If its anything like LBP for its older brother I'll get it.
    - Assassin's Creed, ( Seriously Wildwon, You need to check it out on consoles, it was great. )

As for on a PSP.. If its anything " quality-wise" like the God of War for PSP then I'll get it.

4. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    look at the PS blog

so we know the psp getting so good stuff

5. WildWon
    OP

United States
    I've been half-interested in it, but there are tons of other games i've wanted to play. And... stupid "getting older" thing, i have so much less time to play :-\ Damnit, i'm almost 30 now, and those "responsibility" stages of life are starting to catch up to me.

*sigh*

On the up side, my "back-burner" games (in which, AC is very much included) will one day fill up my time... 30 years down the road, when there are major system changes... [​IMG]

6. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States

Yeah hopefully Ubisoft make a decent AC on a portable.

I only like a few of Ubisoft's games, Mainly,
    Prince of Persia
    Assassins Creed
    and Splinter Cell (if Conviction EVER gets released) Stupid 2 year delay.

7. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    Once LBP and motorstorm get released i will get my psp back from the dust ;P
    Also Dissidia in English.

8. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Little Big Planet PSP [​IMG] I don't really know how these games work, implementing family photos into the PS3 game I never really saw how. Will be a good gem once I get PSP4000 or PSP2 ( Haven't got a PSP atm so should be good, even though I find shooters unbearable which use the buttons )

9. WildWon
    OP

United States
    PERSONA Remake/Localization for PSP Announced!

Via Kotaku
    ---
    The PlayStation Portable gets yet another boost today, as Atlus announces Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for the PSP, and enhanced remake of the PlayStation game that started it all.

First released in North America as Revelations: Person in 1996 for the original PlayStation, the spin-off to Atlus' popular Megami Tensei gets a relaunch this fall on the PSP. The remake gives younger players a chance to see how the series first began, while a number of new features make the game worthwhile for even the most dedicated fans.
    ---

Wow! Never played Persona, but i've heard wonderful things! This makes me even happier!
    (figgered id just add info here, instead of another "ANNOUNCED!!!" thread [​IMG])

10. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    For anybody who played Frequency/Amplitude, Rock Band: Unplugged wil be like that.

11. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Little Big Planet = A Portable version of last year's biggest flop.

Assassin's Creed = When it was first released for 360 Sony fans hated it. When it came to PS3 they ignored it. Now its a savior? lol.

Rock Band = Play with Buttons? what's the point? Even the ultra crappy GH DS tried to include some sort of music accessory.

Motorstorm Arctic = 3 Motorstorm games in under three years? Oh Sony [​IMG] I'd go with the recently announced PS2 version over this.

Persona Remake = The Absolute worst game in the Persona franchise. Absolutely terrible. If you had played it recently you'd know why I feel this way.

Petz = Ho boy! Now the DS wont be the only portable with Shovel Ware

Hey Sony, how about givine long suffering PSP owners like myself something we actually want to play?

12. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom

13. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    This might be a reason to pick up my PSP again. I haven't got a PS3 either. On a sidenote I need to unbrick my PSP first. [​IMG]

14. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Wow, now that's a load of bullshit.
    Who ever said the port of Assassin's Creed is a savior?
    LBP was a flop? That's actually the first time I'm hearing this. How long have you played that game, if at all?
    But that's not even relevant, because one person not liking the game doesn't make it a flop. The sales aren't bad, the ratings are great, and the game itself is just awesome.
    And why in the world would you prefer a MotorStorm on the PS2 over the vastly superior PS3 version? Because of some fucking principles that don't make any sense?
    Seriously, using an occasion like this to bash Sony makes you look like an idiot.

Other than that, the PSP version of Little Big Planet has been (more or less officially) announced long ago, it's old news. As far as I know, there's also already another LBP for the PS3 in the makings.
    I'm not really looking forward to the PSP version, though. I'll play the story mode if it's any different than that of the original, but I can't think of a good reason to spent a lot of time with the PSP version when you own the PS3 version...It's pretty clear that the devs will have to make a lot of compromises to make LBP playable on the PSP, so all we can expect is a hugely stripped-down version of the PS3 game.

15. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Other than for Persona it's a big bundle of don't care. And I can play PSX games fine on my PSP anyway.

Now, if only the PSP would get a good version of CivRev or Nobi Nobi Boy.

16. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Rock Band won't work well.
    LBP however... finally you can get it without having a shitty PS3 [​IMG]

17. WildWon
    OP

United States
    And THAT, right there, is exactly why i'm excited! I've been wanting to play it, but i don't want a PS3 (a few friends have it, but i really just don't like PS3 lol. No, this isn't flame-bate. Its my opinion [​IMG])

18. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    Now IM DEFO gettin a PSP

19. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I doubt LBP will have the same impact on PSP as it does on PS3. Unless they can include the Create portion and the online level sharing, it will probably play just like a slimmed down platformer with a character you can dress up.

20. Orangegamer

Member Orangegamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    LBP was an amazing game for the PS3
    amazing graphics, wonderful texture, seriously funny gameplay and loads of fun

and NOW its coming to the PSP
    i just dropped to the ground when i heard this
    lol
    i hope its as good or even better than the PS3
    because i don't have a PS3 but ive already played this game
    and i found this really fun and exciting
    also i don't play on my PSP in a LONG time because of the game releases but when LBP and Assasians Creed comes out im going to be on the PSP for quite a while
    lol
    i got some many crap games on my PSP right now
    i have
    Final Fantasy (the new one, i forgot what its called)(ive already completed it)
    Street Fighter Alpha 3(fun game...every now and again)
    Power Stone Collection(played it for a month then got bored)
    and some other ones
    so yeah
    Can't Wait!!
    2009 Best Year for the PSP!!!