ROM Hack LayeredFS Plugin not showing all edits

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been working a ROM hack for AS for a while now but just recently learned about using layeredFS to view changes in-game sans having to rebuild the romFS/.CIA each time. The plugin seems to work fine (I used the exefs from the AS update 1.4) but the problem is that it only shows my edited titlescreen/banner and doesn't show any of my Pokemon texture edits.

I double-checked the GARC to make sure it was not an unedited one just in case, even replaced it again with my edited one. Still, it only shows the changes in the titlescreen. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? The only thing I can really think of is maybe to make another one from the games decrypted exefs and try to use them both? I have no idea because my edits are ALL there when I run the rebuilt romFS in HANS or install the rebuilt .CIA. Any help?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe you did something wrong?
I did it the conventional way because I didn't know about other ways to mod a game.
I edited a few weeks ago the garc for GR models.
unpacked decrypted cia, unpacked garc, modded the files, repacked repacked garc and finally repacked the CIA. Installed it on 3ds and it worked.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you did something wrong?
I did it the conventional way because I didn't know about other ways to mod a game.
I edited a few weeks ago the garc for GR models.
unpacked decrypted cia, unpacked garc, modded the files, repacked repacked garc and finally repacked the CIA. Installed it on 3ds and it worked.
I appreciate the response but the repack is fine as it works fine with HANS or as a .CIA. It's not my repack that's messed up, it's like the plugin is only choosing to use my SD card files with certain things and not others...

I.E. It shows all my banner edits, pokemon evolution edits, etc etc. The ONLY thing it refuses to do is show my texture edits for the pokemon in a/0/0/8. Other than that it works fine. Again, ALL of my edits show when I use a romFS in HANS or the .CIA. Hence my confusion Lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I only tried the LayeredFS thing to see changes in game before rebuilding to know what they look like in use. Instead of having to rebuild the romFS/.CIA each time to view changes..... Sigh, I guess I'll just deal with no in game previews on the fly Lol

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The plugin seems to work fine (I used the exefs from the AS update 1.4)

don't use exefs from update, but full game

texture preview (a008) worked for me, it should for you

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plugin seems to work fine (I used the exefs from the AS update 1.4)

don't use exefs from update, but full game

texture preview (a008) worked for me, it should for you
Well I tried to use the exefs from the full game but it only loads without the update so I have to play AS on version 1.0 to see the edits. Is there no way to use LayeredFS for the updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs