Hacking Launcher.dat not launching from profile.. (HELP please)

xesvuli420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive looked and looked and looked for an answer but cant find anything. please someone know enough to help me past this.

So I just bought a 3DS XL from eBay. When it arrived just for fun I checked the software, and when i saw 4.4.0-10U I couldn't believe it. I cancelled my order for a r4 cart, and got one of the gold deluxes instead.

So the card came today, and as I was getting all the needed files together I read about the scandal. I hear r4igold ver. 3.3b is safe, but I decided to be sure and get 2.0 instead.

I attempt to do the dead, but I keep getting an error... or at least a lack of completion. Here's whats happening.

I load up the blue card, and go to 3ds Setup. I run it, it verify's and tells me to go back to the home screen. I go back to the home screen. According to the (multiple)TUTS Im following, I remove the cart, and insert a freshly formatted SD card with the launcher.DAT file in the root directory from the zip package. The 3DS recognizes the card, says its preparing it, and then I proceed to the settings menu to go initiate the Hack.

The problem is, when I get to the profiles page, it doesn't crash. It just opens it right up and lets me change my color and type some junk. Ive tried it holding L, holding L and R, normal, etc... Nothing happens!

Ive tried reformatting all the cards, tried different cards, all end with the same result.

What is going on here? Ive seen others have this same issues from SEARCHING but no definite solutions.

Please someone know the answer to this... its driving me battty!

thanks guys!!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The R4i installer seems broken. Just download the files from Gateway's website, look inside their "Blue Card" folder for the GWInstaller.nds rom. Put that rom in the MicroSD of the R4i DS card (black/blue) and load that rom; this should properly install the hack required to load any launcher.dat, including the one you are trying to use.

xesvuli420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i installer seems broken. Just download the files from Gateway's website, look inside their "Blue Card" folder for the GWInstaller.nds rom. Put that rom in the MicroSD of the R4i DS card (black/blue) and load that rom; this should properly install the hack required to load any launcher.dat, including the one you are trying to use.

Is this not dangerous with all the mess going around?
Should I have a .nds file.. I dont.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. Thats the current method i use atm to load it up with supercard, and not having to carry THREE cards around.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is this not dangerous with all the mess going around?
Should I have a .nds file.. I dont.

Not dangerous at all. Don't forget that Gateway created the files of this hack. If it is dangerous, it's no more than whatever you could get from R4i.

As I said, check the files that belong to the "blue card" and just copy the rom, that's the GW Installer that should go into the DS card to install the hack required to load the launcher.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not dangerous to use the GW .nds file. Only the previous versions of the r4i launcher.dat are dangerous.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont understand, wouldnt that be using the same file that bricked everyones ds's? im confused.. please explain

No, just copy that rom, it doesn't "brick" anything. If you don't want to take my word, trust in juins, as he's an R4i user and it's backing up what I'm saying.

I don't blame you, all these stupid rumours and speculation are affecting users that don't know what the heck is happening.

Reactions: juins

xesvuli420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for understanding.. im not your typical noob as in I have been around the modding scene for years, just new to the3ds, as I bought 1 for my backpacking adventure around the world. I got the file... you guys 100% sure this is safe.. I can do it right now.. but im scared as shi!

so let me make sure I have this right.. ADD the file I just downloaded from GW called GW_INSTALLER.NDS to the R4i gold 3dS micro sim, then start up the r4i blue card, and load that "game"?

then the version 2.0 launcher.dat I have will run?

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
xesvuli420 just copy the .nds file to whatever location on the DS cart's mSD card, load it up, and follow the instructions onscreen. Its not the same file as the tainted ones you are mentioning. After that, go load up the DS profile on the 3ds and all should be good.

xesvuli420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY SMOKES I GOT IT!!!
ok guys, I wanted to take a few minutes and say thank you.. I couldn't have figured it out without you! Thank you so very much for all your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle