Hacking Launch Pegaswitch script without puyo puyo on 1.0.0

coolbird22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Nope, let me try that right now and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.
You sir are a proper legend! Thanks very much - working fine now!

Got the fake news working OK. Nice and quick to launch Pega now and Puyo is back in box.
After installing saw the following code comment on github:
// BEWARE! By modifying system save data you risk a brick.
LOL - may not have proceeded if I saw that first.

Any chance that you could make a step by step tutorial for those of us who have never used Ubuntu and/or run commands like the ones in the guide ?

Reactions: Xandroz

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance that you could make a step by step tutorial for those of us who have never used Ubuntu and/or run commands like the ones in the guide ?
Basic steps to dump switch nand and/or install fakenews on 1.0.0 (all cribbed from other sources, credit to the original authors)
> Get at least 4gb card and put it in Switch (let if format and restart)
> Setup Pega
Easiest way is to download @yardie’s AIO setup:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ubuntu-...ransistor-and-retroarch-preconfigured.489753/
Update pegaswitch (cd ~; mv pegaswitch pegaswitch.old; git clone https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch; cd pegaswitch; npm install)
> Run Pega with --webapplet (this is for 1.0's)
cd pegaswitch; sudo node start.js —webapplet
> Set BOTH DNS on Switch to the one shown in Pega. Do a connection test to register the connection
Run Puyo. On main screen, press A, then R trigger, then A, and select bottom most item in the list. Select the link to sega.jp
Switch screen should show Pegaswitch logo. PC should show connected
> In Pega console on PC, run evalfile ./usefulscripts/dump_bis.js (you may need to download this separately from discord)
(aside: If you want to install fakenews, run evalfile ./usefulscripts/installFakeNews.js instead)
> Wait 5-10mins. You will get " No Output " when finished
> Pull SD card and put in PC
> Find the BIS-PARTITION-SYSTEM2.bin.0 file, and drop it in your C:\Python27 folder
> Open a CMD line or Powershell, cd C:\Python27
> Run .\python find_nca_headers.py BIS-PARTITION-SYSTEM2.bin.0 (you need python2)
> Output should say what was found. Will create a new folder with dumped NCAs(edited)

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: coolbird22

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
guys could someone clarify somethings for me cause im new to the switch

after i install pegaswitch what can i do with it, i know its used to for homebrew launcher correct ao i can launch homebrew now or i miss understood

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yea i understand homebrew is for 3.0 but as i understood because we didnt have a browser so no way to install pega.
now that we have i can follow the same guide with no need for an update right

salamandrusker

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i have a problem with launch pegaswitch on bash under windows 10...no appear ip with connect or info , who is problem?? any answer? thanks
sorry offtopic

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

look

Attachments

• 20180324_080654.jpg
    20180324_080654.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 267

AzizR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Reactions: salamandrusker

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basic steps to dump switch nand and/or install fakenews on 1.0.0 (all cribbed from other sources, credit to the original authors)
> Setup Pega
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ubuntu-...ransistor-and-retroarch-preconfigured.489753/
Update pegaswitch (cd ~; mv pegaswitch pegaswitch.old; git clone https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch; cd pegaswitch; npm install)
> Set BOTH DNS on Switch to the one shown in Pega. Do a connection test to register the connection
Run Puyo. On main screen, press A, then R trigger, then A, and select bottom most item in the list. Select the link to sega.jp
> In Pega console on PC, run evalfile ./usefulscripts/dump_bis.js (you may need to download this separately from discord)
(aside: If you want to install fakenews, run evalfile ./usefulscripts/installFakeNews.js instead)
> Find the BIS-PARTITION-SYSTEM2.bin.0 file, and drop it in your C:\Python27 folder
> Run .\python find_nca_headers.py BIS-PARTITION-SYSTEM2.bin.0 (you need python2)
> Output should say what was found. Will create a new folder with dumped NCAs(edited)
Would this work for 3.0.0 as well? Would I have to use any other commands?
@SciresM ?
Don't wanna go the way through internet settings every time. :P

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it works on 1.0.0-3.0.0.

Also thanks for bumping this, I had completely missed it!
Okay so the same line commands should do? Then I'm going to install that to my 3.0.0 Switch now. Hope it doesn't damage something. :D
Dunno why it's advertised for 1.0.0 mainly (okay obviously because it sucks to launch Puyo everytime) because having a tile in the news to click on it is much better than go to settings -> internet -> internet connections -> my connection -> connect.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
> Setup Pega
Yes, it works on 1.0.0-3.0.0.

Also thanks for bumping this, I had completely missed it!
I'm on 3.0.0 and went through those steps and have the PegaSwitch icon in my news section now. However everytime I click on it it says my internet connection isn't working. What am I doing wrong?
Going the way through internet settings still works (to run hbmenu).

Edit: My aim is to use the PegaSwitch DNS server (104.236.106.125) and the news icon to get into hbmenu quickly on 3.0.0 - is that possible or not?

Last edited by lordelan,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to push this but has anyone on 3.0.0 got this to work?
I'd love to get to the DNS page with this to easily re-run the hbmenu if it crashes or I reboot my console.
It'd be even better if it could be altered to go to this (but I think this is being toggled by whatever DNS I've put in my internet connection anyway?)

I'm really surprised that none of the 3.0.0 people seem to use this. Could be reached even from the lock screen. It'd be perfect to use this instead the settings way.

Last edited by lordelan,
Reactions: salamandrusker

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, it also works on 3.0 so gonna do it later on
As I wrote in my two posts above it should but it doesn't... at least for me.
I got it installed and PegaSwitch shows up in my news section but hitting it just ends in an error message telling me that my internet connection is not working (while the way through internet settings and connection test still works).

Maybe you can figure it out. :)

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As I wrote in my two posts above it should but it doesn't... at least for me.
I got it installed and PegaSwitch shows up in my news section but hitting it just ends in an error message telling me that my internet connection is not working (while the way through internet settings and connection test still works).

Maybe you can figure it out. :)
Don't think i can but alteast it is installed then and sciresm will probably give an update quite soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...