Latest Wii update and wiifree

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by relux, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008

Latest Wii update and wiifree by relux at 1:16 AM (1,241 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. relux
    OP

Newcomer relux Newbie

United States
    Okay so Ive read through thousands of posts here now [​IMG] Can someone tell me if I am understanding this correctly.

The latest Nintendo firmware update disables any installs of anything unauthorized such as .wads and homebrew. However, what you already have installed is fine. I currently have a WiiFree chip(I will eventually replace it with yaosim) and am removing the #001 bytes from games and re trucha signing them before burning them. Will this still work with latest update? Does the new update just disable installing items and not affect actual games?

Also, what would you suggest I install while I still can in the event I do get updated somehow. cios? or some downgrader? I do have homebrew channel and I do use .wads but have not played with cios or even starfall yet.

Thanks guys

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes install cios, hbc, hbb, and some apps like wad manager and such for hbc, than install a hacked version of new wii upgrade which wont affect fakesigning

3. relux
    OP

Newcomer relux Newbie

United States
    Can you explain what cios does exactly? And lets say I already have a wad manager installed and HBC. If I update, does the wad manager stop installing.wads?