Hacking Latest Update on SKY3DS+

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you try to start the console without the SD card? Sometimes after a downgrade on N3DS the console give a black screen on the first boot when the SD card is in.

For the MD5 you should use the same software they used to generate the MD5. All MD5 generators don't use the same algorithm so you could have different results. If the MD5 still don't match download the files again.
It also helps to directly extract the updates folder on the SD card instead of extract it to PC and then copy the folder to the SD card.
I never succeed to downgrade with safesysupdater but it should work fine. You should at least use it to check the files.

pedroren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So trying to downgrade my N3DS tonight...... cannot downgrade to 9.2.0-20U whenever I use the sysUpdater I keep getting a softbrick..... I have been reading around and apparently I have to get to 10.3 using Julian's sysUpdater.... then downgrade to 9.2 with Safe sysUpdater?? Does that sound right?

I found the CIA's from that ISO site and the MD5 there doesn't match the MD5 here or on a reddit guide I have been making reference too...... Should I be worried I have the wrong files? It doesn't seem likely though....

That ISO site's MD5 doesn't match the one from the guides around the web, at least for the New 3DS. After looking a lot for an explanation I just ignored it, and just checked the MD5 provided on the same ISO site vs the downloaded file.

kiddagoat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried without the SD Card.... Tried starting 3DS-FTP and closing it....... I was trying for about 3 hours..... I did hard reboot and then just going back to the GridLauncher and trying sysUpdater over and over like some have mentioned....

For some they mentioned with a N3DS it is like a lottery drawing where as the O3DS it goes off without a hitch.

The last thing I want is for the update to actually start and then somewhere in the middle it the soft brick occurs. I haven't done a hard mod in years but I know they can be a pain in the ass. I just going to keep my SKY3DS+ for the moment and inject a private header from one of my retail games later on.

Not that I don't see the benefit but looking at how random the success is so far and some of the weird stuff people are reporting after the downgrade with the N3DS, it just isn't quite there yet.

I might get another N3DS and try again but after my trials and doing the reading, I just am going to stick with the hassle free and what works. For those of you that got it work, awesome kudos to you.

Not downplaying CFW as again I have used them on my PSP and PS3 both the Open-Source (Free, REBUG, Dark Alex) and the Private-Source (Dongles, COBRA USB).

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried without the SD Card.... Tried starting 3DS-FTP and closing it....... I was trying for about 3 hours..... I did hard reboot and then just going back to the GridLauncher and trying sysUpdater over and over like some have mentioned....

For some they mentioned with a N3DS it is like a lottery drawing where as the O3DS it goes off without a hitch.

The last thing I want is for the update to actually start and then somewhere in the middle it the soft brick occurs. I haven't done a hard mod in years but I know they can be a pain in the ass. I just going to keep my SKY3DS+ for the moment and inject a private header from one of my retail games later on.

Not that I don't see the benefit but looking at how random the success is so far and some of the weird stuff people are reporting after the downgrade with the N3DS, it just isn't quite there yet.

I might get another N3DS and try again but after my trials and doing the reading, I just am going to stick with the hassle free and what works. For those of you that got it work, awesome kudos to you.

Not downplaying CFW as again I have used them on my PSP and PS3 both the Open-Source (Free, REBUG, Dark Alex) and the Private-Source (Dongles, COBRA USB).

Most people got it working without problems. Thing is people just don't keep posting when everything works.

Yes, you can't be completely sure that it'll work, but it's a bit hard to get problems. I downgraded 14 3DSes (I'm not even sure anymore) and I only got a frankenfirmware in one of those (a New 3DS that was originally on 10.3). I simply use a Sky 3DS with Cubic Ninja and downgraded again.

But I can understand your choice.

kopgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad you couldn't make it work.. :(

I've used two tutorials in this thread to install a CFW :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/eshop-access-on-reinand.416550/

I've had a 9.9 New3dsXL and only problem I had was to start the sysUpdater to install cia's. I tried like 40 times before it started and worked all the way through..

For Sky3ds onlineplay I've used a powersaves pro to extract my private header: http://amzn.to/1L7wfIC

kiddagoat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I do have a question about that @kopgamer

I see with the powersaves pro, that once the header is applied to the template file for all the roms in the template, the save game data is lost.

Once I get my SKY3DS, is there a way to edit the temple as to not include games I actually own such that say I don't lose my saves for Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon???

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheapo pirates have to justify their decisions by claiming anything that costs money is not worth investing in. From an end-user standpoint the sky3ds+ is easy to use and pretty much foolproof whereas CFW is a time consuming risky route to take.
In what way is it time consuming IE I have never hacked a game system before so in theory it should have taken me longer than someone experienced in hacking. Yet it took me less than an hour to downgrade my 3ds to 9.2 then set up emunand with rxTools installed that is hardly time consuming compared to the 5 to six weeks I would need to wait for a sky3ds card to be delivered to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1