Last Story confirmed for the Wii in North America

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. For the record I never cared about this game. Why? Cause I never knew about it.

2. People suddenly love the Wii library because of two games getting english releases and taking back their complaints is idiotic and childish...that being said welcome to gbatemp, it only two shiny things.

Well as the resident Nintendo hater here, the Wii library isn't that bad. Notably lacking in areas (RPGs being one of them), oh yes, but overall it's pretty good. Maybe people "don't care about the Wii anymore" in terms of development, but a lot of people still have one and will still play games for it.

Plus I've never seen anyone judge the Wii's entire library on Xenoblade and Last Story. When I think of "Wii games that are good" they certainly aren't the first two. Or ten.

Reactions: 3 people

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, good. I'm glad to hear that they are officially localizing it for NA. I have long held an interest in playing The Last Story ever since I saw the trailers.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Too little too late nintendo. No one really cares about the wii anymore.
As someone who just now got a Wii (Skyward Sword made me do it!)... I find this post to be incredibly inaccurate. I care about the Wii a lot. It's a new system for me and I will never ever regret buying it this late in its lifespan.

Also, if no one cared about the Wii then why is Xenoblade finally announced for the US? And this?

Obviously, someone cares.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor choice of words on my part. I'll rephrase: The Wii is hardly relevant any more. Both games probably would sale better, if they waited for the Wii U and stacked extra features on them. Good luck last story and Xenoblade.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Poor choice of words on my part. I'll rephrase: The Wii is hardly relevant any more. Both games probably would sale better, if they waited for the Wii U and stacked extra features on them. Good luck last story and Xenoblade.
They will sell, don't underestimate RPG fans and their wallets. =3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People would just complain more about the game being incredibly late and it being a shitty looking last-gen Wii port.

Xenoblade is being sold in limited quantities by Gamestop only anyway so it'll be hard to fail. Plus they're not in the market to sell systems anymore, anyone who wants one has one, they just want to make a profit on some quick localizations. It's what most companies do at the end of a game's lifetime. It's a lot cheaper to translate a game than it is to design a new one.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Too little too late nintendo. No one really cares about the wii anymore.
As someone who just now got a Wii (Skyward Sword made me do it!)... I find this post to be incredibly inaccurate. I care about the Wii a lot. It's a new system for me and I will never ever regret buying it this late in its lifespan.

Also, if no one cared about the Wii then why is Xenoblade finally announced for the US? And this?

Obviously, someone cares.
A lot of people that I know are suddenly getting Wiis, it's weird for a console that it meant to be "Dead" and the last game it got was Skyward Sword.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People would just complain more about the game being incredibly late and it being a shitty looking last-gen Wii port.

Like IGN's review for example. The douche that reviewed the game criticized the graphics and compared it to other current-gen consoles instead of other Wii games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Take the European English release ---> Change the screen ratio ---> Package it ---> American release.

Oh gee wiz, they're really going to work their asses off on this one. ;)

Still, good for you guys.

Reactions: 3 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like IGN's review for example. The douche that reviewed the game criticized the graphics and compared it to other current-gen consoles instead of other Wii games.

He still gave the game a positive review at it really isn't up to current gen standards. Although really that's more a fault of Nintendo's than of the developers.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that still doesn't justify comparing an SD console game to the other HD consoles. SD games should be compared to other SD games on the same system. HD games should be compared to HD games on their systems. It was NOT a fair comparison, it was a douche move.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1