Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Carry on Jack (1964)

220px-Carry_On_Jack_(film).jpg

8th Movie from the "Carry on...." Series with the British - Spanish Sea War in 1805.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carry_On_Jack

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Two Hours is short for you ? :rofl2:
Well... yes.
I don't watch TV or movies, I really don't.
Sometimes I might watch one if I get caught by one while having dinner or while babysitting... so 2 hours watching a movie is not too much time for me, as I might spend 8 straight hours drawing without even noticing.
Really!
I start to notice that I've spent much time drawing when my ass starts to burn, or when I notice the sun comming through my window.
Might sound stupid, but It's like this for me.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well... yes.
Sometimes I might watch one if I get caught by one while having dinner or while babysitting... so 2 hours watching a movie is not too much time for me, as I might spend 8 straight hours drawing without even noticing.
Really!
I start to notice that I've spent much time drawing when my ass starts to burn, or when I notice the sun comming through my window.

A "Recommendation" - You should more often watch Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.:D

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... yes.
Really!
You may want to watch the film War and Peace its 431 minutes long and rather awesome.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A "Recommendation" - You should more often watch Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.:D
I've seen them! I know how long they are.
They're part of my favourite movies.

Just like Pirates of the Caribean movies.
Marvel Movies.
Mission Impossible movies.
Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Emperor's New Groove, Sword in the Stone.
Indiana Jones Trilogy
and some good old classic movies like Kelly's Heroes, Fllight of the Phoenix, Cleopatra and old James Bond movies.
OH BY THE WAY! I TOO LIKE CHICK FLICK MOVIES AND 90'S COMEDY MOVIES TOO!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may want to watch the film War and Peace its 431 minutes long and rather awesome.
Cool! Might watch it sometime if I'm able to find it.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Or a really "classic" Science Fiction/Horror of the 40s/50s Night.

- Creature from the Black Lagoon Trilogy
- Formicula
- Tarantula

- Forbidden Planet
- The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
- The Thing

It is so sad,we have Thousands of TV/SAT/Cable Channels and not a Single one is able to do such "Classic Nights" again.....:cry:
Also "classic Cinemas" (yes,they still exist) not.....:(

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or a really "classic" Science Fiction/Horror of the 40s/50s Night.

- Creature from the Black Lagoon Trilogy
- Formicula
- Tarantula

- Forbidden Planet
- The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
- The Thing

It is so sad,we have Thousands of TV/SAT/Cable Channels and not a Single one is able to do such "Classic Nights" again.....:cry:
Also "classic Cinemas" (yes,they still exist) not.....:(
I have this channel called TCM where I can see some old movies. But most of the times it's a Scharzenegger or Stallone or Nico movies.
Alas, young ones doesn't have the interests in these kind of movies anymore. I hate these trends where everything worsens to satisfy a demand.
We're old guys lol, even though I'm just 26.

What I do like about my time though... is that I sort of got to know the best things in life. Like, going outside when the sun wasn't trying to fry you alive. Witnessing the big technological leaps in both Movies and Games production, eating better, getting better junk food without too many additives and chemicals, and the most important thing ever... the struggle of having access to the Internet nowadays.
I remember wanting to learn so much when I was a child, but couldn't because I didn't had access to the Internet.
Nowadays, you can learn and watch anything you like. It's truly amazing.

Kids takes most of these things for granted, because they don't know better.
But we do... I do, and I know that there was far better things in the old days.

But we're going a little bit of topic here... so I might post a picture of a movie I've seen but not just recently:

Ace Ventura
51A%2BrlIJjHL._AC_.jpg

This guy taught me some sarcasm.
I might owe my stupid and sarcastic attitude thanks to these kind of movies.​

Last edited by JuanMena,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it seems my little film binge came to a close for a while and instead I indulged in my other secret shame, that being medical TV shows and decided to watch ER which aged surprisingly well. Started back on the films though

Containment 2015
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3561236/
Disease spreads through a few blocks of flats in modern UK while the seemingly massively unprepared military response team attempts to sort it.
Started off strong and had some interesting ideas but generally meh. Science boy and armchair general* have a few questions as well.

*so they have a few blocks of flats, all sealed and then being floor by floor. I could see not having a rifle sporting soldier with each team but not with the option to fire down the halls? They have it together enough to have a sniper on the roof and presumably a perimeter.

Galaxy Quest
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177789/
You know that thing where I claimed to like cheesy films, and also have a great fondness for ribbing groups? Add another to the "you should have seen that years ago" list, and in this case I really should have.
Anyway aliens mistake the cast of a cheesy sci fi show (pretty much a stand in for star trek, though with the cheesiness ramped up a bit) for actual space adventurers, recreate their ship (but make it work) and enlist them to help with a bad guy threatening them.
They drag in a bunch of pretty good/noted actors for this one as well which makes it rather amusing, all of them being somewhat typecast in real life.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/
A rare world war 1 themed film, and not a thinkpiece or just odd setting like so many others. Nor is it an action film (trenches don't tend to make for as exciting a scene as modern stuff, or indeed world war 2 and beyond).
A couple of soldiers are tasked with delivering a message that will save hundreds, if not thousands, of other soldiers but have to cross some distance across no man's land to do it.
Well worth a watch but other than it being a world war 1 film I am not sure it is going to be remembered in so many years.
Wonderfully shot with sets that do well and great acting as too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw trolls world tour. The kids loved it, especially the baby.
Do I take it by the absence of any mention of your personal enjoyment it is not one of those films for kids that succeeds in telling a compelling story for the adults as well?
I only saw the trailer and it looked the like the typical mid range CGI snoozefest with boring jokes and not much more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1