Last.fm client for DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Metallion, Apr 20, 2009.

Apr 20, 2009

Last.fm client for DS? by Metallion at 6:27 PM (1,294 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Metallion
    OP

Newcomer Metallion Member

Belgium
    I've been googling around for this and I am starting to lose hope. Does anyone know if there exists a homebrew last.fm client for the DS? If not, does anyone know wether or not it would be possible to write one for it?

I've recently discovered last.fm and I just can't help but wonder about how awesome it would be to listen to my streams while walking around the house with my DS in my pocket.

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Great to see another LastFM member on GBAtemp.
    Would U mind joining the GBAtemp group on LastFM? You can find more info here

And no there is no LastFM client for the DS.
    You can do that with an MP3 player though, like with the ZEN or an iPod

3. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    After this Last.FM announcement, I doubt we'll see a related project to see the light.

4. Metallion
    OP

Newcomer Metallion Member

Belgium
    An mp3 player you say... Hmmm. No... It's just not as cool as doing it on a hacked DS. [​IMG] If I find the time, maybe I will look into it and see if it's something I could code. It'd be a good project to get back into programming.

Anyway, I joined the group. Looks like it could use more member though.

5. Blackiris

Member Blackiris GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I read the announcement. Well that sucks for people who live in Asia =/

Anyhow, it doesn't really have to be the client and everything for the DS, right? (since it's much harder to do that with the new system) How about an audioscrobbler plugin for an exisitng media player? It was made possible with something like XMPlay; maybe people can actually make such a plugin for applications like MoonShell =o (if they're that intent on creating something like that though, I kinda doubt it)

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Glad you joined the group [​IMG]
    The group isn't that big yet, but it's because it has only been around for a few weeks.
    Would be nice if you could code that, nice to hear you can program [​IMG] Always nice to see another developer on GBAtemp.

7. Eggman32

Newcomer Eggman32 Member

United States
    This would be pretty awesome! I think it would be hard to do much streaming audio though with the DS'S slow wifi. A last fm scrobbler would be possible though, I hope someone would be able to take this up