Antarctica
Hmm.

5 GB games
5 GBA games
10 DS games
3 3DS games
5 PSP games
3 PSVita games

10+ NES games (have them stashed somewhere, don't remember the exact number due to loaning some out)
~5 Wii games (share them between friends so don't really own any special ones, except the ones I wanted to own in the first place)
10 PSX games
30-40 PS2 games
~100-150 PS3 games
5 Xbox games

That's about it. I could take pictures, but I just managed to get most of them packed in nice boxes to save space. This is pretty much the best part about HDD loaders for previous gen consoles. Only console that is still on the real OFW or doesn't have a bypass is the PS3. The older consoles are on OFW/unhacked, but as I can play them via emulation, the point is kinda moot to have them around. Especially with USB to controller X adapters. Original controllers and modern consoles :3

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just out of curiosity, what games for gamecube, gba, ds, 3ds, wii and psp did you keep (or get, I don't know).
Since the jump to the amount of games for the PS, PS2 and PS3 seems so big.

GBA- One of them Pokemon games
DS- Layton and the Lost Future and 999
3DS- VLR, Tales of the Abyss, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Kid Icarus Uprising, DoA: Dimensions
NGC- Crazy Taxi
Wii- Xenoblade, Another Code R
PSP- Valkryia Chronicles 2, LoH: Trails in the Sky

With GBA, DS, NGC, Wii and PSP, I just pirate the game like an evilton. Though I buy a game occasionly if I think its that good. Bar Xenoblade which I bought in a moment of idiocy. With 3DS, I've owned more but sold them because there was little reason to keep them. The Playstation games, I bought when I was a kid. PS2, second hand games are so cheap so I haven't been that motivated to mod my system. Whilst with PS3, no reason to pirate it and its a contempoary system.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, I hope these photo's won't look too big. Here's my collection. I am currently trying to display everything in cabinets and make it all look neat and organized. Of course, it doesn't look like that right now.

DSCF7286_zps7f8ae4d6.jpg

Pictured: My 6th generation collection. These are my PS2/Xbox/GC/Some 360 games. The black jewel cases with no labels are games that just came as the disc, and don't have their original box.

DSCF7290_zps1c4d6846.jpg

Pictured: My extra PS2/GC/Xbox games. My collection of Wii/DS games as well. Behind the Wii games are 8 SEGA Saturn games. On the bottom shelf, are my "retro games" such as NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis games.

DSCF7292_zpsb1112f5a.jpg

Close-up of the older games

DSCF7281_zps8714d233.jpg

FREAKING BOXES. Everywhere.
Pictured: All my Gameboy stuff (A bit of DS stuff too). And Sega GameGear as well. Bottom shelf is overflowing with crap. I keep the boxes to everything, so I don't know what to do with them. Behind those boxes are my Dreamcast, SEGA CD, and NES games. Along with two NES consoles, and a SEGA Genesis with a CD and 32X add on attached.

DSCF7296_zps4af68a37.jpg

DSCF7303_zpsa534e8f9.jpg

My crown jewels of my collection. My import games. Pokemon Gold (GBC), and Dobustsu No Mori (Animal Crossing on the N64)

Not pictured at all, are my PS1, Atari 2600, and some of my Xbox 360 and Wii games.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Chary One word: Wow!

As soon as I ever have money to spare (in other words when I ever get a job), I'm going to start a collection like this too.
Only handhelds and pc though. I'm not much of a console gamer.

Also I didn't even know there was an animal crossing for the N64, I always thought the first one was for gamecube. But since you shipped the Japanese version I presume it never got localized.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
@Chary One word: Wow!

As soon as I ever have money to spare (in other words when I ever get a job), I'm going to start a collection like this too.
Only handhelds and pc though. I'm not much of a console gamer.

Also I didn't even know there was an animal crossing for the N64, I always thought the first one was for gamecube. But since you shipped the Japanese version I presume it never got localized.

Haha, thanks! And yes, Animal Crossing 64 came out at the end of the N64's lifespan, so when it was to be localized, Nintendo of America just ported it to the Gamecube.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Haha, thanks! And yes, Animal Crossing 64 came out at the end of the N64's lifespan, so when it was to be localized, Nintendo of America just ported it to the Gamecube.
What did you do take a pic of a retro gaming store! lol JK
Nice collection man if I collected sooner in my life I would need a special room just for my games. I've got a lot of handhelds to work on for my collection and I can't wait to get them.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What did you do take a pic of a retro gaming store! lol JK
Nice collection man if I collected sooner in my life I would need a special room just for my games. I've got a lot of handhelds to work on for my collection and I can't wait to get them.

Heh, in time, that's exactly what I want my room to look like!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not me. I'm an aspiring collector, and I have a healthy amount of game from multiple systems and generations, but not at a typical collectors' level. I'm waiting to start seriously collecting after I get a real apartment (right now I live in a one-room efficiency the size of a small hotel room).

And not trying to be a jerk, but wtf? I started a thread similar to this last month and the mods instantly locked it before any response, because "we don't want this kind of trash clogging the forums." Oh well. I'm glad there's something like this here, now.

Edit: If you want to see my "collection" though, you can just hit the link in my backloggery signature and look at the games I currently own

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not me. I'm an aspiring collector, and I have a healthy amount of game from multiple systems and generations, but not at a typical collectors' level. I'm waiting to start seriously collecting after I get a real apartment (right now I live in a one-room efficiency the size of a small hotel room).

And not trying to be a jerk, but wtf? I started a thread similar to this last month and the mods instantly locked it before any response, because "we don't want this kind of trash clogging the forums." Oh well. I'm glad there's something like this here, now.

Edit: If you want to see my "collection" though, you can just hit the link in my backloggery signature and look at the games I currently own
Almost every forums that have anything to do with gaming has a thread like this, seems like a rip-off that the mods locked yours so quickly.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lord I wish I held on to all my game boxes and things D: I cant wait to start my own collection shelf someday. My uncle is even going to give me an old Donkey Kong arcade machine that he used to own. Its gonna be gorgeous.
I do still have both my Zelda boxes though! (The zelda box for my dslite special edition, and my 3ds special edition box.) I wouldnt let those boxes go :3
As for my collection itself, unfortunately im in the same boat as others and have all my collections on various flashcarts and modded consoles.
I do have a good collection of consoles though!
I have 1 original gray gameboy
2 teal gameboy colors
1 yellow gameboy pocket
1 purple gba
2 gba SP'S (dark blue and silver)
Dsphat (on a broken hinge sadly)
2 DSLites (1 crimson, 1 zelda edition)
1 3DS (My zelda 3DS :3)
2 psp's (A psp 1001, darth vader psp)

a psx
a gamecube (silver)
a wii
a wii-u
a 360
an original xbox
a n64

Got a better handheld collection then console collection.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Chary, very organized, at least you have space to leave everything out, maybe you should consider sorting your older games like AVGN with labels facing out could making finding things easier and LOL i have my original pokemon blue and gold boxes too :D

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't be bothered to arrange everything neatly, here's some of what I have left (excluding handhelds) after selling my SS/DC/PS1 collections:

gamecupboard_zpsc7b23266.jpg

And the only shot I can find of my old Saturn/PS1 collections (some Dreamcast too):

shelf.jpg

And a few of my handhelds:
stylii.jpg

Reactions: TripleSMoon

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a huge collection, and most of it is disorganized second-hand stuff, but I can put up estimates:
108 NES games, ~100 complete w/box and manual. The jewel of my collection, although none of the games are worth much since I sold the Tengen Tetris, and most of the boxes have a good deal of wear.
8-10 SNES games; no manuals, but LttP at least has a manual
30+ N64 carts
~40 Gamecube games with original or GameStop cases, most with manuals
~10 remaining Wii games with case and manual, after selling a chunk of my collection

~6 PSX games and 8 PS3 games, with cases and manuals with the exception of MvC3 and MGS4

5 Xbox games (2 with original case and manual) and roughly 40 disc-based Xbox 360games with original case and manual, plus another half-dozen Games on Demand and a couple dozen Arcade and Indie games.

At least 13 PC titles over 6 games/collections and 12 discs, plus a shitload on Steam

Handheld games I can't accurately count, they're so scattered about, but I have 4 DS games, 6 3DS games, 2 PSP games, and 2 Vita games in their cases with manuals on my desk.

Consoles:
Original NES
Original SNES
RetroDuo NES/SNES dual clone console
N64 w/ expansion pack
N64 w/o expansion pack
Black GameCube
Launch model Wii (replaced DVD drive)
Original PSX
PS3 Slim 2001A
Jasper 360 (after going through two or three older systems, this one seems to be in it for the long haul, although the RROD warranty runs out in a few days)
Hannspree Hannsbook SN12E2 (PC)

Handhelds:
Original GameBoy (Cartridge slot is going)
Yellow GameBoy Pocket - given to a friend after I got my GBC
Berry Red Game Boy Color - Display eventually broke
Platinum Game Boy Advance - Might still be at home somewhere, or I threw it out. A lot of the buttons were at a point where they stopped working well, although to be fair it lasted a good couple years after spilling a strawberry milkshake all over it.
Original DS phat - smashed-up/broken hinge, dunno where it is either, but unless my brother tossed it it's still around, at least.
Polar White DS Lite Won free from a Ball Parks Franks giveaway in '07, sold to someone here on the Temp in '09 or '10; hinge apparently broke at some point.
Game Boy Micro (black face/silver body) Picked up for $40 new long after they were out of production. Sold to someone on the Temp.
Silver (Jak and Daxter) PSP-2000; beat up but working great
Crystal White (AC3 Liberation bundle) PS Vita
Xperia Play 4G (blue, unlocked w/ extended battery)

Displays:
24" Sony PS 3D display for the Wii, PS3, and 360
20" Emerson flat-screen CRT SDTV; really only useful for older consoles without component output or higher.
I have to go help my dad pick up his new 60" Vizio SmartTV sometime this week; I'll probably be allowed to use that while I'm home

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been only a month since I posted my collection, but now it has seriously grown bigger.
Now I have:

10 GB
7 GBC
18 GBA
8 NDS
5 3DS
6 PSP
3 PSVita
6 Wii
20 PC

So 83 games. That's 32 new games. Now my money is all gone so I'll wait with buying new ones untill I've finished all my new games...

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely know I'm not gonna win, but at least count a week ago here's what I have:
6 PS2 games
3 PSX games (Spryo series FTW)
4 GB/C games
6 GBA games
5 SNES games
3 N64 games
16 360 games
6 PS3 games
Probably 8 or 9 Wii games (my older bro has my Wii now unfortunately)
and...if we're counting PC game discs, like 2 big binders full of those. (Though I'll admit they're all really old >.>)

so 57-58 games total not counting the pc games. I have a ton of disc images of PC games I used to own but had no room for storage wise plus various downloadables. I also used to have 8 or 9 DS games but I just dumped them and gave them to a friend.
Liked for Spyro! The original three anyway. The new ones suck! A Hero's Tail was the only other one that was alright.

Ermmmm... as for me:
~26 PS2 games (this is the console I have the most games for. They're not all in the same location so it's hard to count them)
4 Gamecube games
10 Wii Games
9 Xbox 360 Games
10 DS games
2 3DS games
9 PSP games
~12 PS1 games (scattered all through the house, I can't really count them)
8 PS3 games
4 physical PC games
2 GBA games
8 GB/C games

That's a total of about 94 games.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, today I acquired some nice new additions to my collection. One was a GBC (Teal) complete with box + manuals. ($5) And a clear purple GBA with box and manuals. (10$) Also got Space Channel 5 for Dreamcast, Final Fantasy 7 for PS1, and Spyro PS1. (altogether 5.50$)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?