Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sony announced during its gamescom press conference that the PlayStation 3 system is to be offered in North America in two new bundles. Shipping to retailers now, a 160 GB model will be replacing the 120 GB model currently being sold at $299.99 MRSP, and come the launch of the PlayStation Move on September 19th a PS3 Sports Champions Move bundle is to introduce a 320 GB PS3 (a increase on the previously largest 250 GB system) including one PlayStation Move controller, a PlayStation Eye and a copy of Sports Champions for $399.99 MSRP.

"With the launch of PlayStation Move just around the corner, we're expecting many new consumers to join the PlayStation family. The PS3 Sports Champions Move bundle provides those families with everything they need to get into motion control gaming at a great value, with the 320 GB model PS3 system as the centerpiece of the package," said Scott A. Steinberg, Sony's vice president of product marketing.

Source

Not really sure why they want the larger hard drive space, maybe for more data installation or something. Maybe the Move takes up space. Who knows, but regardless, it's cool.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
How awesome is that? I just cannibalized my WD Passport to put in a 320GB HDD in my system. BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH SONY!!!!

And it's the sexy original model too. Goddamn PS3 you SO fine.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
i got 60SKU running with 500GB hdd
biggrin.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you who question why you need a 360GB hard drive...

well you're forgetting about all the people who download GB's of movies and games onto their console
tongue.gif
(Not me...I have the 'bay for my blu ray! n_n )

So it does make sense seeing as it'll allow new family audiences(thanks to the Move) to freely use the console space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~