Laptop sd slot not working

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by 3bbb7, Jun 18, 2013.

1. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Hello I have been using this laptop since January and have never used an SD card in it. i just tried today and none of the 3 that I tested showed up in My Computer.

I originally had windows 8 on this , but I installed Windows 7 instead. Is this a driver issue or a problem with the hardware? USB works fine and I have another computer that works with sd cards fine so it's not that big of an issue but it would be easier if this just worked...

Any ideas?

2. LoloLakitu

LoloLakitu Shwowow Schogog

Jul 26, 2012
    Canada
    That new rad hangout.
    Just go to the manufacturers website and find the drivers, Vista/7/8 all use the same driver formats.

3. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Memory card reader should not involve any specific driver.

If you are sure that you inserted the card all the way, then your memory card slot is broken.

4. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    It was the driver, I went on the site and found the card reader driver, installed it and everything is working great now

5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Laptops often have third party drivers to optimise with their motherboard settings. These are almost invariably found on the manufacturers websites. However you are right in that the generic Microsoft plug and play driver should work.