Gaming Laptop Repair Estimate

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short, I need to get my laptop's power jack replaced and my warranty ran out...actually three days ago. (I'm not saying it is the manufacturer's fault, it's mine, but still: a sucky situation).

Anyway, I don't have a soldering iron or the willingness to learn how to use it properly, so I'm going to take it into a local repair shop.

Can anyone give me a quick estimate on how much they think it might cost? The jack itself will cost, at most, like $7, so there you go
tongue.gif

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Well it depends on your country & store. My dad took my laptop to repair the battery and fan. It was 30€ for each. It isnt actually very much
smile.gif

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh....I'm seeing most places say it's about $120...that's not an easy thing to afford....I hope you're more accurate, Theraima xD

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
The PSU....the only shop that was still open that I know of wanted to charge me nearly $200 for a fix. He was explaining how he had to open it up and it would take days of hard work, and bla bla bla. I can open my laptop up and (if I could unsolder) take the thing out myself in about an hour. Unfortunately, I don't have a soldering iron, and my only experience with one was an electronics section of a class five years ago.

I'm not paying him 100-200 dollars an hour for that.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its just the power jack, as in the actaul plug. Look on craigslist. There are plenty of talented peeps that solder up mod chips, and do basic repairs for very reasonable prices. Most of them would even do it right in front of you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?