Gaming Laptop problem

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laptops is freezing again and it doesn't seem to be the hard drive either, though for somereason I'm using almost all my cpu and I'm barely running anything (Skype, steam and browser), I can't seem to find out the problem, anyone might know what the cause is?

It's a AMD Vision Cpu btw.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Are you using windows 7?

Cause if you are then it is most probably the bug in the Windows Search index. I used to have the same problem, It suppose to use your cpu when on Idle, but sometimes it goes to far and use up everything.

You can supposedly disable it through the control panel, I did and the problem stop. I heard it's a bad thing to turn off windows search index, but so far there has been no problem for me.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's your problem...honestly it sounds like some type of malware that was installed by unsafe downloading/internet browsing.

As Luigi2012SM64DS stated try opening the task manager by pressing ctrl alt delete. Select Task Manager and look for any processes that are using a lot of CPU usage. If you're using firefox for browsing it has very bad memory leaks that eat up lots of RAM the longer it's open.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there's your problem...honestly it sounds like some type of malware that was installed by unsafe downloading/internet browsing.

As Luigi2012SM64DS stated try opening the task manager by pressing ctrl alt delete. Select Task Manager and look for any processes that are using a lot of CPU usage. If you're using firefox for browsing it has very bad memory leaks that eat up lots of RAM the longer it's open.

I did, there isn't.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you'd like someone to check out your system remotely you can download and install an application called team viewer. This will allow you to give another person a temporary username and password to access your computer to see what is possibly going on. I've done it for friends a few times. I'm not claiming to be a computer expert but I have been working on pc's for quite some time and if you like I could take a look, or perhaps someone here with more knowledge than myself is willing to help you out.

Reactions: 1 person

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used team viewer dozens of times to do remote repairs, unless it's like my sister where removing everything fucked up her internet, team viewer should be great.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just reinstall windows.

For a smooth transition you can do a fresh install on a VHD.
its really an easy and fast process.
1. Create a VHD (with windows 7)
2. When you're at the point where you choose the drive in windows install, press shift-f10.It will open a windows.
3. CMD
4. diskpart
5. select vdisk file=c:\wherever\yourvhd.vhd
6. alt-tab--- click refresh
7.proceed with installation

You current windows 7 will be kept as is so you can debug/migrate from/to the new install. Alternatively you can do this also with windows 8 if you don't have win7 dvd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...