Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im having some issues with my laptop

I just got it back from a mate who put loads of stuff on there and when I tried to plug it in at home it didnt work

I checked the charger and the light of the charger was flickering. I pulled the plug and tested another powerpoint and I noticed that the charger itself was working fine, untill I plugged it into the laptop again and the light opf the charger was flickering again.
I just came back from the shop and tried another charger but no luck.

Anyone any clue?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't have a Laptop - but a quick search on Google comes up with a few possibilities

1) Charger: We know it's not that since you've tried another
2) Battery: Have you tried it with the battery removed ???
3) Power connector in Laptop: It could be the socket INSIDE the laptop has broken away from the motherboard - have you tried wiggling the plug to see if the light stays steady ???
4) Motherboard fault: If there's a short on the motherboard, this apparently can cause lights on Laptop PSU to 'flash' due to overcurrent

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
A flickering light can mean either a variable amount of power flowing through it (being sucked out by the laptop) or an unstable supply of power. Try another power outlet to check this. It could also be a sign that some element in the "power brick" may be failing, although I've never seen one fail myself.

Follow the above advice, and post your findings (or any other details that may be useful, like make/model).

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Figured it out

I tried with battery a new battrery nothing, seems like the power in the laptop itself is screwed
frown.gif

Cheers for the help though!

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
It could be a couple of things, the part that holds the charger in place could be coming loose and could fall out or it's actually coming loose from the board.
If it coming loose from the board then it's simple, It'll just need to be soldered back on.
If the bit that holds it in place have came loose or came out the it will only charge at specific angles and is very loose, the whole charger jack would need to be replaced then and depending on how much it costs will depend on the way it attaqches itself to the mobo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: