nico445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i have this old laptop right here now a toshiba m40 227. only problem is it boots most windows discs just fine.
But i wanted to try to install the android x86 project on it. the problem is when i stick the disc in it will just freeze at isolinux.
same with a ubuntu disc. I tried to make a bootable usb stick. it will just flash a few times and then boot straight into windows.
does anybody know a way to get android on to it or to get isolinux to work?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If its quite old its possible it can't boot from USB.
Have you checked the BIOS boot settings? I know you said Windows discs boot but laptops often have weird OEM backup partitions on them that could eb being activated by them. Check the BIOS settings that either External Memory (USB boot) or CD boot are before your harddrive in the boot sequence.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Older laptop BIOS usually will only boot USB if you set the boot order to HDD first, and then set the USB flash (which is typically recognized as an HDD and not an external USB device) ahead of the internal HDD. That is, IF they are capable at all. It's usually an HDD submenu that will let you put the Flash device ahead of the internal HDD, but I've seen this on three different laptops and even my midrange AM3 Gigabyte motherboard from 2011 just pretends that USB Flash drives are internal HDD's (doesn't do this with external HDD's though)

nico445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the android 4.0 version .. tried to boot it by changing the bios settings or using the boot menu. but it just refuses to boot from it. too old i guess.
Harddrive itself has been totally formatted so there are no OEM recovery partitions or anything else on it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
the android 4.0 version .. tried to boot it by changing the bios settings or using the boot menu. but it just refuses to boot from it. too old i guess.
Harddrive itself has been totally formatted so there are no OEM recovery partitions or anything else on it.
No no, I mean which version? Amd brazos, asus laptop, eeepc, or tegav2? I would recommend using the eeepc version, that has been known to work well with various systems as has the Asus laptop version.

nico445

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No no, I mean which version? Amd brazos, asus laptop, eeepc, or tegav2? I would recommend using the eeepc version, that has been known to work well with various systems as has the Asus laptop version.
it's the ASUS one, will try the eee version but i don't think it will make any difference.. since it won't even boot into the install menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.