Lameboy vs Goomba (Color)?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Olivil, Apr 25, 2009.

Apr 25, 2009

Lameboy vs Goomba (Color)? by Olivil at 7:54 PM (3,155 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Olivil
    OP

Newcomer Olivil Member

Canada
    Alright, I've been using Lameboy to emulate GB-GBC games on my M3 DS Real, I've recently got the 3-in-1 and had a great pleasure playing GBA games, then I stepped on Goomba and I just was wondering if Goomba had an advantage over Lameboy or is it only one of these emulator for the old slot-2 style NDS flash cart? Thanks a lot

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's more difficult to manage your save files with Goomba Color since it compresses all the GB/GBC game saves into the compilation's single *.sav file. Also, it cannot scale the screen like Lameboy can, though it does have better Super Gameboy palette/border options.

Goomba Color isn't bad by any means, but Lameboy has the slight edge in convenience. Give both a try and see which one you like better.

3. Dookieman

Member Dookieman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree, Goomba isn't a bad emulator, it works great, but Lameboy is just over a better emulator.

4. dobz

Member dobz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    is it just me or does lameboy consume your battery fast.

after playing a few games i see my power red [​IMG]

5. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I didn't notice any battery life issues with lameboy. I prefer it to Goomba due to the fact that you don't need to package the roms in a GBA file (and don't need a slot 2 card since mine is broken). It's also fast and accurate. Even Shantae runs at almost fullspeed (50-60fps normally). The only roms that I've tried that won't work also don't run properly in Goomba Color- Conker Pocket Tales, Rayman, and Rayman 2.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to keep both emulators around and use whichever plays your favorite games best. Most of the time, what one can't play, the other can.