Hacking Lameboy Issue

Trenchable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i'm using lameboy to play oracle of seasons with my ds and i can't get it to save! i've tried saving in-game the traditional way, nothing. then i read you have to press x immedietely after saving in-game to make it work...tried it, nothing.

i then tried making a save file with lameboy itself. i pressed r to bring up the lameboy menu in the lower screen and clicked on "save"...nothing happened. it didn't make any indication that it had saved anything...no load bar...no confirmation message...nothing. i turn the system off and then back on again to test it, and it didn't save. i start the game anyway and then try "loading" a save state from the lameboy menu....it's not an option. the word "load" is greyed out and won't let me click on it. seriously, wth? i've never had problems saving and loading save states with my snes emulator.

(p.s: somehow, i got it to save at least once. i was playing inside a dungeon and died, it brought me to the traditional save screen and i clicked "save and cont" so that i could keep playing...didn't think it'd actually work since i assumed it'd be like my snes emu and you'd have to create a seprate save state with the emu. this all happened before i realized there was going to be a problem. and i didn't press "x". a few minutes later, my ds died, so i plugged it up to charge and left it. came back later...it had saved at the point i died, but since then, no matter what i do, it won't save)

mad.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have never had these types of problems, save states work perfectly fine for me. what flashcart are you using? i've used lameboy on both an original r4 and a dstwo without any issues, albeit the save and load times are much slower on dstwo.

Trenchable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peregrinfig said:
i have never had these types of problems, save states work perfectly fine for me. what flashcart are you using? i've used lameboy on both an original r4 and a dstwo without any issues, albeit the save and load times are much slower on dstwo.

using an original r4 with 2gig micro.

Trenchable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peregrinfig said:
hmm. all i can think of is, try backing up and reformatting, and/or getting a new copy of lameboy.

at this point i'm thinking it's not even worth the back up. i didn't get too far before i started having this issue. i might try just wiping it and getting a completely new copy, see if that helps. i'm at a loss.

seriously, though, it's weird that it randomly worked that one time...i wish i could figure out what magical thing i did. maybe the key is to let your ds die everytime...lmao...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum