Garcian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recently bought an AceKard2i along with a Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC from RealHotStuff. Everything seemed functional, but after downloading some games, I had found that certain games were extremely laggy to the extent of being unplayable. My brother has a R4DS with a Kingston 2GB SD also from RealHotStuff that seems to have no problems playing any games. I have searched around the forums but have found no solutions.

Problem Games:
Rhythm Heaven (Lags insane amounts while playing the second game.)
My Japanese Coach (Extremely unplayable lag right from select screen.)
Rune Factory 2 (When there are more than 3 characters on the screen, it starts to slow down.)
Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story (Unsure, random times)

I can bare with Rune Factory and Mario and Luigi, but the rest is simply unplayable.
I am using AKAIO 1.8.1 on a NDSL and have formatted my SD card with SD Formatter.
Help?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is most likely the Sandisk MicroSDHC.

RealHotStuff has knowingly sold AK2(.1 or i, not sure) clones and then lied about them being clones, then lied about AceKard team releasing a fix for them (wouldn't happen since they were clones), so I wouldn't put it past them to sell cheap or counterfeit MicroSD/HCs.
I bet if you look at your MicroSDHC it'll say China or Taiwan, those cards are known for having slow read and random access speeds.

There's an article that has been linked here about someone who investigated MicroSDHCs (for use in a device they were selling) and they mention that some cards are being manufactured by employees after hours using junk or inadequate parts, a 'ghost run' they call it, so even some that technically aren't counterfeit aren't up to quality.
It's a rather long but interesting read, I wish I could find it.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I got this problem too - like you said, my microSD is also from taiwan... But guess what? my SDHC on cyclo is also from taiwan, and no lagging at all unless I intentionally slow down the game via the cart's enhanced menu.

I found this issue when playing Super Scribblenauts. It lagged just a bit for a few moments, and went back to normal - lagged again, got better again... did it about 3 times.

Garcian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, that's unfortunate. I also think that I got an AceKard2.1, and not an AceKard2i. If only I had known about ShopTemp before I ordered it. =/ (Curse you, RealHotStuff!)
And you were right, it is from China. The problem does seem to be the MicroSD. I have results on the speeds of both.
My SD card is running at ~10.3M whereas my brother's SD card is around 15M.
I do not want to buy another SD card, so I have a question.
If I swapped SD cards for, let's say, a phone, that had not come from China (SD Card), would there be any defects?
Thanks in advance.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garcian said:
Ah, that's unfortunate. I also think that I got an AceKard2.1, and not an AceKard2i. If only I had known about ShopTemp before I ordered it. =/ (Curse you, RealHotStuff!)
And you were right, it is from China. The problem does seem to be the MicroSD. I have results on the speeds of both.
My SD card is running at ~10.3M whereas my brother's SD card is around 15M.
I do not want to buy another SD card, so I have a question.
If I swapped SD cards for, let's say, a phone, that had not come from China (SD Card), would there be any defects?
Thanks in advance.
What do you mean by 'defects'? But if you're asking whether you could swap it with a microSD in your phone, sure you can. There should be no compatibility issues between the two, so go for it.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
If you do need another card, then DealExtreme is a really cheap way to order legit cards. The only problem is that it may take anywhere from a week to three weeks to receive the MicroSD card. I usually have good luck and get my stuff within a week or week and a half, but others have reported longer waits.

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.308

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey