Lady Layton announced for 3DS and mobile

The newest entry in Level 5's Professor Layton series has been announced in the form of a trailer. The working title is "Lady Layton", and it is set to focus on the daughter of Professor Layton herself. It will launch in Japan in April 2017, and a western release is confirmed, but does not have a release date yet. Watch the Japanese trailer for more details!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And what made you come to that conclusion?
mainly the other reasons you can't see this as a 'real' layton game being nonsense.
there's not more anime or manga characteristics. the main character not having dead bead eyes anymore isn't more animeish.
the puzzles have become more repetitive and frankly, worse with every new game.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azran Legacy left us with
Descole being Layton's brother
And now this. What...?

Gonna play it anyways. Its Layton (Well, Laytonesque now :P)

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought those old characters (Butler + Woman, not the gray haired, but brown gray haired) were Luke and Emily, if you look in the midst of the trailer on the ship, you'll see what I mean. They have some characteristics of those characters.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This seems to be a full game, not a Layton Brothers-style spinoff. Looks great IMHO

Are they abandoning the 3DS as a platform? Or just testing the waters with the smartphone gaming community?

I haven't played Azran Legacy yet but Miracle Mask was dreadful. I'm hoping the series gets another push back to stronger plot lines and maybe a more intuitive means of navigating.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I'm psyched for this even though I didn't enjoy Mask of Miracles and Azran Legacy nearly as much as the first 2 games.
I kind of hope they go back to more of the style of the DS games, because I really didn't like the mix of the 3D with the French cartoon style.
In the trailer you see the cutscene when she solves a puzzle and it looks not as much 3D as the 3DS Layton games so let's hope they realized it too.

Phantomcelebi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The newest entry in Level 5's Professor Layton series has been announced in the form of a trailer. The working title is "Lady Layton", and it is set to focus on the daughter of Professor Layton herself. It will launch in Japan in April 2017, and a western release is confirmed, but does not have a release date yet. Watch the Japanese trailer for more details!

This is going to be soooo awesome. I love this series i have had it for so long and to see that the professor had a daughter makes me squeal with delight. With all he went through it is nice to know he gets a happy ending. I wonder if he is in this game. It would be awesome if the professor helps her with something. Even if it is small. Or she works with phoenix wright. Since she is a detective. Oh the possibilities are endless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1