Hacking Lack of support for DVD loading?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that all the craze is with USB loading, does anyone know if we're still gonna have the same progress for dvd backup launchers? I feel like USB loaders will slow down improvement in other areas, or am I wrong?

Not all of us have external hard drive's yet
frown.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
even if u buy one usb datastick it will be cheaper than a stack of discs
smile.gif
5 bucks n u have one already!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tranquil said:
Now that all the craze is with USB loading, does anyone know if we're still gonna have the same progress for dvd backup launchers? I feel like USB loaders will slow down improvement in other areas, or am I wrong?

frown.gif
DVD Loading? You mean putting ISOs directly on a data DVD and running games this way? If so, why?
wtf.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, disc backup loading has pretty much reached its apex. Chances are the 3x read speed won't be broken and the only thing left for it is improving compatibility. The USB Loader has taken off because it's an excellent program for both your backups and your legitimate games since it loads faster than retail discs and if it's worked on it will eventually be superior to disc backup loading in every aspect. Right now disc loading is mostly a fallback for games like Metroid Prime Wii that don't work yet via USB.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Tranquil said:

frown.gif

How much more progress is there to make with launchers like Gamma, cIOSCORP etc? It appears to me that we have pretty much hit the ceiling for dvd now anyway. All that's left really is a few games that don't work and 6x read speed.

As someone else said, USB is the way forward. Just go with the flow.

Plus..................I picked up a 320gb Seagate FreeAgent Go last week for less than the cost of my last 100 cake of Verbatims.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most people just don't get it that all loaders work in a similar way. It doesn't really matter if you read from disc or usb, the reading commands are the same. If you knew how backup launching works in general you would be expecting this, the games still use disc reading commands, and so do the usb loaders.

I'm still working at improving the compatibility of SoftChip, currently i'm trying to get Sam & Max Season 1 to work. If somebody finds out how to play this game in a loader, it would directly be as compatible as the other ios reloading games(SSX, Red Steel...) in the usb loaders.

If Waninkoko patches the ios reloading games, but nobody figures out how to fix Sam & Max for disc loaders, it would still be not compatible with the usb loader.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you mean they havent got dvd loader to 6x yet ?
ohmy.gif

when will they fix that ?

*runs away to avoid people throwing things at him*

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
But seriously what else does it needs to be improved in the Gamma Loader...??
huh.gif

In Gamma? Plax SSX with Gamma, i thought it doesn't work with Gamma only with the rebooter. And video mode patches are nice too.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
you mean they havent got dvd loader to 6x yet ?
ohmy.gif

when will they fix that ?

*runs away to avoid people throwing things at him*

If I recall the only way to do it would be to flash the Wii's disc drive. If it were a simple matter it would have been done by now. But since the USB Loader circumvents that, I doubt there's much reason to bother anymore.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
Tranquil said:

frown.gif

How much more progress is there to make with launchers like Gamma, cIOSCORP etc? It appears to me that we have pretty much hit the ceiling for dvd now anyway. All that's left really is a few games that don't work and 6x read speed.

As someone else said, USB is the way forward. Just go with the flow.

Plus..................I picked up a 320gb Seagate FreeAgent Go last week for less than the cost of my last 100 cake of Verbatims.

How much does 100 discs cost where you are? O________O

I'd rather have 6X read speed on DVD's than to shell out on hard drives. Hardrives cost a lot here and to be honest you'll get more Discs here much cheaper than a hard drive. DVD's are 40p each here. I'd also rather have the game in a shiny case with boxart and manual too. I think they should get 6X read speed on Gamma and then be done with it. It's great as it is but 6X read speed would put the cherry ontop. The cherry thats missing at the moment, and I like cherries.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
then get a modchip?
wink.gif

Never ever been attracted to modchips, I'd need soldering equipment too that I don't have a clue on how to use. My real problem with mod chips is there is possible hardware damage to be done. Also here it is £10 minimum for an 8GB pen drive. For £0.80 Thats two discs.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could get a solderless chip or get someone to do it etc so that's not really an arguement
wink.gif
I understand the appeal of having a collection of discs but you could still have that AND use usb loader, to have it all on 1 HD is very handy. It's all down to preference but with such high compatibility and ease of use, don't expect dvd development soon..

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well overall, I'd be extremely happy if both options were full-fledged. It's not like I'm NOT getting an external hard drive, I just can't get one until 3-6 months when I go to college so I can get a 1 tb. So for now, I have to make use of dvds, and if it could read at just slightly higher speeds to make intro videos not lag, that would be perfect.
happy.gif

manias said:
smile.gif

But how much space would I have on a $5 datastick?

QUOTE(sgwiiboy @ Apr 12 2009, 03:03 PM) Plus..................I picked up a 320gb Seagate FreeAgent Go last week for less than the cost of my last 100 cake of Verbatims.

And how much is that o.o?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tranquil said:
manias said:
smile.gif

But how much space would I have on a $5 datastick?

the minimun stick you should have is 8GB wich it comes out as 7.45 GB or something like that, so you can put in any game (and in some cases 2 games or 3), I only play 1 game at a time so 8GB is all I need for now..!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded