Hacking L4T + OPEN SOURCE PS4 REMOTE PLAY (CHIAKI)

k0ns0le

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking into building this for L4T. My Linux is NOOB at best. I have spent a couple of days fiddling around trying to get it to work but keep getting build errors. I managed to work through most of them but finally got stuck. Maybe it's not even possible but hopefully, someone who knows more than me can confirm/deny? I did drop the dev a message and he couldn't say if it might work or not but encouraged me to give it a go.

r_al_sim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no that image is only for x86 + 64bit. It needs a recompile to run under L4T
Has anyone had a go at trying to compile it? from the issues in GitHub it would seem it won't compile on raspberry pie if this works I might consider getting a dedicated SD card for l4t. Been waiting for a good reason.

I don't like the idea of Android OS on switch don't see the point when I have a Android phone

PS4 remote play would be ace

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have managed to compile this and get as far as loading the UI. I don't really have time to test if it fully works. However if you want to compile it, just follow the instructions on their github. I did have to compile a more up-to-date version of cmake though as the one installed from apt is too outdated to compile it (I used cmake version 3.16.4).

r_al_sim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I spent last night compiling this I bootstrapped version 3.16 of cmake then took about 2 hours to get all the dependencies sorted.

I haven't done any overclocks yet.
Without joycons linked via Bluetooth it runs poorly its ok but but a bit laggy and alot Iof artifacts might try connecting the ps4 to the ethernet

As soon as you connect joycon it becomes unbearable

This is all with default settings at 720p

I'll have time later to test various settings and then overclocks

Reactions: Rahkeesh

r_al_sim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok all with default settings no overclocks yet, just sorted out my network. PS4 on ethernet 1 Gb and switch on 5g wifi, and wired switch controllers combined bluetooth disabled

I ran a fresh compile on my laptop to compare the log to try and see what was causing the artifacting it was purely network, but after sorting the network all erros in the log went away.

next i'm going to look into SDL2 and adding code to the project for mapping joycons correctly

overclocks might improve it slightly and setting the bitrate manually could make things better and possibly not have the log in debug level, looks promising especially once the full screen is sorted out and mappings of the ubuntu launcher mapped to pressing -+ buttons together i think it will be ok

k0ns0le

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok all with default settings no overclocks yet, just sorted out my network. PS4 on ethernet 1 Gb and switch on 5g wifi, and wired switch controllers combined bluetooth disabled

I ran a fresh compile on my laptop to compare the log to try and see what was causing the artifacting it was purely network, but after sorting the network all erros in the log went away.

next i'm going to look into SDL2 and adding code to the project for mapping joycons correctly

overclocks might improve it slightly and setting the bitrate manually could make things better and possibly not have the log in debug level, looks promising especially once the full screen is sorted out and mappings of the ubuntu launcher mapped to pressing -+ buttons together i think it will be ok

Wow, totally missed that you had actually made some progress! Good Work! Promising but still not quite worth using are you saying ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: