Gaming L4D2 JTAG Problem

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so recently got a copy of l4d2 (australian edition) and copied it to my jtag via freestyle dash 2.0 alpha via the disc copy method.
i booted it up today to try it out, but was presented with a purple and black chequered background right after starting, similar to when items in the source engine are missing their texture.
anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know how to fix?
i have tried patching via X360GameHack.exe and xextool but obtained the same result...

so, anyone?

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i've updated to 12611 FreeBoot and am still having the same thing happen....

my l4d2 folder gives the following information:
QUOTE said:
4.66 GB on disk (4,661,214,291 bytes) for 115 items

too big, too small, wrong hacks applied? anyone? seriously, I want to play this....

bgyi7.jpg

and apparently, the image is inverted

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks fast for being the only person to get back to me.
i only have the jtag files. i converted that into the 360 iso format using a program "create ISO good" (which was recommended here too), created the ISO, and converted with ISO2GOD... and the same thing happens... black/purple cheques.

i've only tried patching the JTAG files (not GOD), however, maybe you could recommend which patches to use when using something like X360GameHack or XexTool... and patching what?

After all this, I may have taken a bad rip, and might have to rerip if i cant get it working
*further note; ripped GTA: Stories from Liberty City in the same way (FSD2), and that works fine*

*edit* maybe FSD2 patched the xex for me by itself and that may be causing the error? maybe?

I think a new rip is in order.......
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I would consider a new rip at this stage, I have not heard of FSD, xexmenu or xextool messing up the game (some people were looking at uncensoring it).

For the record though while most games work extracted some are that picky (fable games most notably) and do like to be in a GOD container or on a disc. Likewise those recreate iso tools should probably be considered last ditch/why not type tools- they will never make a proper ISO out of them but they can make workable ones for JTAG systems/tools on occasion.

Patches to use- there are various patches that are useful. Media patches are good as are region patches and nowadays there are also AP25 removal patches (between LT+ and SSv3 and dashlaunch they are probably not that useful though). Unless I hear otherwise I usually just do all the patches ( "xextool -r a default.xex" )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative