OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
So my friend gave me his DS to fix. Everything works but his Left trigger button doesn't work. How do i fix this? I already own a tri-wing screwdriver if i need that.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what fixed my shoulder buttons was air, and lots of it. thankfully there was nothing wrong with the switching mechanics. when i pushed down i had to push HARDER than before. nintendo wanted $80 or something like that just to look at it. i fixed it by pulling the plastic away from the shell (the best i could) and blowing a ton of compressed air in there. i also blew with my mouth as the air didn't have enough pressure to fix it the second time it happened. since i got out the dust or whatever was in there i haven't had an issue. that was probably around 2 years ago.

it could be that the switch itself is broken. last i checked you could buy replacements all over the web. a tri-wing will cost you about .99 cents and the switch a few bucks. i'm just not comfortable taking apart my ds but i hope you are if it comes to that.

-another world

ultimate.fake.ac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've fixed a couple 'broken' DS L and R buttons by just blowing. Just put my lips to the side of the button and give a couple good strong quick blows. It seems the DSs really have a problem with simple dust 'breaking' those buttons.

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nooooo, dont blow air into the buttons... if you use your mouth for this, you can damage you console with humidity...

My R button stop working a couple of months ago... and the REAL solution is "electronic contact cleaner".
0049_full.jpg

First, you have to remove the back of your ds, and then just use the cleaner in the trigger you want to fix.

61.jpg

Make sure that the liquid penetrates the button. Wipe out the excedents of liquid and wait a couple of minutes. Then assembly your ds again and try.

My R button now works just fine as the first time i use my dsi :B

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invierno is the first guy (besides yours truly) I've ever seen answer this question correctly. Yes, the fix is simple contact cleaner, which you can get at Radio Shack etc. A couple short blasts right into those little microswitches and they'll be good as new. Works on old SNES controllers, GBA's, NDS, you name it. And, if youre looking at a choice between contact cleaner w/ lubricant or w/o lubricant, buy the plain no lube stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/