so i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this

Thanks in advance

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Polar White DS Lite? I've only had mine about three months and for more than one of them the L button seemed almost jammed. Last week it stopped working. I'm not seeing any problems with R, though.

Do you know if the DS warranty covers this?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
It happened to mine too. I smashed the L button with the botton of a screwdriver. It solved my problem
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i was once very annoyed when the R button was giving me problems
What to do is that u blow in the button by slightly (very slightly) lifting it and check if it works and thats how mine did
Or if that doesn't work than there are plenty of screwdrivers to go around

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also try blowing into it if there's dirt. My phat has L button problems, but sometimes it works if you blow on it.. pretty weird.

ciama81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing I have always done to fix buttons like this is an old dry toothbrush. Give the button a good scrub around the edges, it always gives my controllers and gameboys new life

draken529

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, my ds L button isnt working, i took apart my DS countless times to figure out whats wrong (more spring tension, disconnected circuits, etc) still cant figure out whats the problem, it seems the major problem is inside the L button square... which'll take me a micro scope and a tinnyyyy tool to really fix it, but i dont think blowing on it works.... if i push the L button REALLY hard, then it works... but it feels uncomfortable that everytime i want to make sure the L button works, i need to use all my strength to push the L button while im having fun... wonder if you can buy a DS circuit board somewhere....

diew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahaha you guys are geniuses. I had a similar problem with my Gold DS lite where the L problem stopped working. I hear the click and NOTHING seemed to be wrong with it but it just wouldn't do anything for any game when I pressed the L button. After reading about blowing in the DS method, I put my mouth over the L button and blown as hard as I can and what did you know, problem solved. Thanks. probably dust that was collected after being in my pocket.

Guess I should've done this rather than filling out a repair form from nintendo where they offer a free repair. hahaha

Matt0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my L key started working on and off like a year ago. i found sometimes if i didnt use it for awhile it would work and then stop working, and if i pressed really hard it would work, and sometimes when i hit the L button it would work for a little. now it pretty much doesnt work but the blowing tip helped and its workin thanks
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning