Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They would've asked why she was banned either way and people would've wildly speculated like they did here (including some mods that shall not be mentioned). The privacy card was played by Qyriad, who was perfectly fine with cherry picking quotes by him from said private chat, but was against publishing the whole thing when he told her to do so.

And risking another warning: some people should be aware they're sitting in a glass house.
Like Scires... Let's be real, here. The issue with K was accepted in the beginning. She fucked up, an honest mistake. How Scires and RS went about it was dangerous and rather hypocritical. The "speculation" was from the cherry picked quotes from EVERYONE (don't play coy, you know what I mean). This has nothing to do with GBAtemp, as we're not the only ones discussing the drama. This has nothing to do with mods, who are allowed to have their opinion even if you don't like it.

The fact of the matter is you're doing less to help the situation than the people you're bad mouthing. Seriously..

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I should’ve put a /s on the end of that
I could tell, but my statement is still true. So many people on here taking sides when they shouldn't have.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like Scires... Let's be real, here. The issue with K was accepted in the beginning. She fucked up, an honest mistake. How Scires and RS went about it was dangerous and rather hypocritical. The "speculation" was from the cherry picked quotes from EVERYONE (don't play coy, you know what I mean). This has nothing to do with GBAtemp, as we're not the only ones discussing the drama. This has nothing to do with mods, who are allowed to have their opinion even if you don't like it.

The fact of the matter is you're doing less to help the situation than the people you're bad mouthing. Seriously..

We don't know that. He's contesting that. I'm leaning towards believing her, but she and her two romantic partners are the only ones claiming that publicly right now. The rest of the team is sticking with SciresM. This means we can't know for sure.

The cherry picking was done on the RS discord, where Qyriad cited from a private conversation between SciresM and ktemkin. She only showed his quotes and when SciresM told her to dump the whole thing, she said she won't for privacy reasons. If that is not shady, what is?

I think I helped this thread by providing verifiable information and giving my opinion but marking it as such when I did. There was a lot of false information going around here.

And I'm not bad mouthing someone, I'm making whoever thinks I'm talking about them aware that I saw what they did on discord over the last few months. Pot/kettle and all that.

Last edited by Uwabami,
Reactions: TAUSENN

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could tell, but my statement is still true. So many people on here taking sides when they shouldn't have.

Honestly, i wouldn't say i'm taking sides, if you've read some of my posts prior, i think both sides did some kind of wrong, but scires and RS blew it well out of proportion and leaving very little transparency to the whole situation. While K did make a mistake, she doesn't deserve this kind of response.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, i wouldn't say i'm taking sides, if you've read some of my posts prior, i think both sides did some kind of wrong, but scires and RS blew it well out of proportion and leaving very little transparency to the whole situation. While K did make a mistake, she doesn't deserve this kind of response.
My thoughts exactly. She's already acknowledged that mistake. Yet, RS is adamant in their response, which isn't the best way to go about it.

Reactions: brickmii82

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
They would've asked why she was banned either way and people would've wildly speculated like they did here (including some mods that shall not be mentioned). The privacy card was played by Qyriad, who was perfectly fine with cherry picking quotes by him from said private chat, but was against publishing the whole thing when he told her to do so.

And risking another warning: some people should be aware they're sitting in a glass house.
You're like a dog with a bone. Give it up. Staying on topic is so easy to do, yet you fail at nearly every turn. Every other comment you make is an attempt to try to snark it up, and it only makes your random grudge oh so apparent.

This is a discussion thread, for discussing what went down involving the team and their actions. I'm totally free to have an opinion, even if you don't want me to talk? And I'm talking about how SciresM tried to back down saying he didn't give more information about the ban because of "privacy concerns", not whatever Qyriad thing.

Feel free to continue derailing, if you enjoy getting warns for refusal to follow rules and stay on the thread's topic. And please, your glass house remark was old when you used it the first 10 times. You've proven you can actually stay on target, at least, when you stop trying to chuck snippy barbed remarks.

I’m just asking questions to try and figure out which Lynch mob I should join.
Join the one with the free pitchforks! Those are the extra lynch-y ones!

Given everything so far, it would have to be both. Hope you're ready to face yourself.
Yeah, neither side looks so hot, given what we've seen so far.

Pretty much this. Being a little bit more transparent about the whole thing would have made it far easier on that whole team.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My thoughts exactly. She's already acknowledged that mistake. Yet, RS is adamant in their response, which isn't the best way to go about it.
Given the publicly available information I would agree with you, but why are the other team members who agreed with SciresM to ban ktemkin stay? And they hinted at something else going on, but were shut up by Qyriad who claimed that publishing the whole exchange of which she cherry-picked some tidbits would cause mental harm to ktemkin. They then proceeded to blame him for people harassing her with transphobic slurs on twitter (like he could control that), when the first thing he posted after the ban was asking people specifically not to do that.

It's very hard to tell who's really to blame right now, but the fact that everyone but her partners stayed is telling.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I'm talking about how SciresM tried to back down saying he didn't give more information about the ban because of "privacy concerns", not whatever Qyriad thing.
This is directly related. Said private conversation is the same one about which Qyriad claims would be damagin to ktemkin mentally if published, yet she didn't have any issues sharing selected quotes from it that helped her side. SciresM could've dumped the whole thing despite their wishes when they did that, yet he did not.

If it wasn't clear, I also had some issues with SciresM in the past and I don't fully agree with his actions. But these are the (verifiable) facts.

Last edited by Uwabami,
Reactions: charlieb

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like a bunch of monkeys doing a kangaroo court here. No burden of proof, people taking “sides” based on assumptions and opinions and all sorts of fucked up mud slinging. Worst thing is, I feel bad for both K and S if I’m being real. S seems to have gotten taken advantage of at the very least (even if unintentionally) and K is just the slime of mankind now in some peoples eyes. Plus they both lost an asset in each other. Hope they work it out at some point.

Reactions: ByteBite

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was the exploit patched in 5.0 on the Switch? And you still haven’t provided any proof of the 200K S claimed to be had for the “bug bounty.” All that I can stand behind is that SciresM found a security flaw and Ktempkin used it in a disclosure example(which is dick if no credit was given)
I don't think you understand what some company's are willing to pay for bootrom exploits, even whereas Google was willing to pay 200k, there were probably black hat company's/private investigation company's/national intelligence willing to pay more, but I dunno how popular the tegra chip is, probably no where near that of a iPhone/Galaxy/Pixel exploit. What I'm trying to say is, exploits like this are a lot more valuable then somthing you can just say "which is dick if no credit was given".

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For having reportedly had a round table discussion with multiple people, SciresM sure acted like it was done on a whim. Randomly alerting everyone and then blasting with a shred of details ($200k bounty!! Banned!!) was only ever going to lead to madness. He should have acted like a lawyer, had his reasoning ready to go, and then calmly explained it in a way that wouldn't cause as much of a dramatic uproar as it did. And the whole "b-but privacy" card can't be played on that, because that inflammatory way of alerting the masses only made people WANT to pry in private affairs.

Right, he could have been more mature about it, people often shoot first and ask questions later, so to speak. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand what some company's are willing to pay for bootrom exploits, even whereas Google was willing to pay 200k, there were probably black hat company's/private investigation company's/national intelligence willing to pay more, but I dunno how popular the tegra chip is, probably no where near that of a iPhone/Galaxy/Pixel exploit.
Again, for like the 7 billionth time, where’s some proof she got rich?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right, he could have been more mature about it, people often shoot first and ask questions later, so to speak.
I think not dumping the whole private conversation when they started cherry-picking was actually very mature.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again, for like the 7 billionth time, where’s some proof she got rich?
Nobody, she won't get a bug bounty for an EOL phone, but I highly doubt she didn't get a consulting fee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol