Hacking ktemkin drama

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That'd be impressive considering we can barely track them down at all, and these things *just* appeared. These things usually take a little bit of time to really proliferate to the appropriate hands.

Also then I'm confused by his warning to not update.

His warning not to update is the standard warning when it comes to homebrew/console hacking.

The 3DS scene had the same thing, and eventually the "do not update" didn't matter because of how the whole system was compromised.

Reactions: Kioku
D

Deleted User

See, Ping Long always wins. With small time home brew authors you get scene drama, and promised release dates missed! With based Ping Long, you only get releases, results, and frequent updates! So, why haven't you hopped onto the TX band wagon yet?!
Was ping long that guy pretending to be Chinese and a member of some team? That was funny

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was ping long that guy pretending to be Chinese and a member of some team? That was funny
No. Ping Long is the "Chad" of the Switch scene. He, and his army of Chinese child laborers, work from 6am to 12am, 7 days a week for pennies a day to guarantee the best of the best when it comes to Switch piracy. He is very real, and is closely monitoring this thread.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be impressive considering we can barely track them down at all, and these things *just* appeared. These things usually take a little bit of time to really proliferate to the appropriate hands.

Also then I'm confused by his warning to not update.
Because Deja Vu has not been released yet, there is reason to believe that some, if not all, parts of it have been patched out in 5.X. The problem is testing whether or not Deja Vu works on 5.X to begin with is not their top priority at the moment because of 2 reasons:
  1. Mariko Switch units have not hit the market yet so there's no point in testing whether or not they work on 5.X, the firmware all Mariko Switches will roll out with, in the meantime especially since everyone is enjoying the current bootrom exploit
  2. Time and resources are being budgeted towards developing Atmosphere and its eventual completion above all else
tl;dr Even SciresM don't know if it works on 5.X or not yet

Last edited by Draxzelex,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-7-12_23-27-1.png

Reactions: TAUSENN and Kioku

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
To everyone saying Kate is "taking money", I don't really see it that way. The person who found the code isn't any worse off, they didn't lose money. As for the situation in general I see both sides and I can understand why RS would do this. It is a bit surprising that Kate would do this though, I never saw someone who would do this in the livestreams. Hooray for obliviousness...? : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?