ktemkin drama

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by snoofly, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Fixed

2. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    kate gets kicked out.
    a few days later...
    'welcome kyle to the reswitched team!'
    lol

MachRc, Kerismuh, TAUSENN and 6 others like this.
  3. kje123

kje123 this title is false

Aug 9, 2015
    United States
    Seattle
    its kind of sad when TX is acting more mature than reswitched.....

im not sure about how much faith i have in atmosphere ever being released now, seeing as the dev team is literally melting down. keeping my eyes on hekate for now.

TAUSENN likes this.
  4. TheMCNerd2017

TheMCNerd2017 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2017
    United States
  5. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Albeit in poor taste, I laughed :v

DeoNaught likes this.
  6. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 I like Pokémon

Aug 26, 2009
    Costa Rica
    Qyriad:

Alright, there's a lot of stuff that's happened. Kate made what was probably a poor decision to use that bug as an example for the Pixel C, but she did not submit it to a bug bounty program, and never intended to betray or hurt anyone. SciresM publically denounced her, banned her, and made an official announcement on behalf of ReSwitched. This was not discussed with Kate beforehand, or even internally with the rest of the team. SciresM did not discuss Kate's actions with her before doing any of this. This could have been handled quietly and respectfully. SciresM could have said that there had been creative differences and that Kate was no longer affiliated with ReSwitched. He didn't. His decisions started vitriol, and he still hasn't communicated any actual details to Kate or the rest of the team. I find these actions reprehensible. I especially find it reprehensible that SciresM and other moderation staff have decided to censor discussion of these events.

I expect to be removed from the team following this message. This is fine. I no longer wish to support ReSwitched given these actions.
    I would appreciate it if I were allowed to remain in the server, but we'll see what happens.

lukhart likes this.
  7. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I hadn't followed the ReSwitched scene in a while, so what exactly is going on? I managed to copy Qyriad's message just before it got removed to get questions answered but it seems it was posted already. Something about a bug bounty? I noticed the channel was locked and relocked several times earlier today.

8. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    The big idea here is that, with everything we know now, RS is in the right. K broke their trust by submitting the bug (maliciously or not, we'll never know) and was kicked out AFTER the situation was discussed. I would go as far as to saying people posting the message from Qyriad are bringing the discussion off-topic and should be ignored.

Last edited by ItsKipz, Jul 13, 2018
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No worries, since I can find it in her GitHub page at least means it still exists. Its just a shame I cannot find the original PDF. I just find it strange and thought it might be related to the current events.

10. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    TL;DR a member of the team submitted an unreleased bug they had not discovered to a bug bounty, and was kicked out. Lots of bickering later and it turns out they're still in the wrong.

Selim873 likes this.
  11. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I'll admit, we know she made an honest mistake and it's being overblown like she stole something. Let's be honest here, they're acting rather childishly. Which... Really isn't new...

12. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    sad?
    A professional team in it for the money is acting more mature than a group of young guys/people with mental issues? Not being mean, but I think we did read they all(?) had issues, the gender stuff etc.
    Not surprising.

13. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Please stop using "bug bounty" when so much has been stated to refute that.

14. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    Whether or not it was an honest mistake or a malicious act is still unknown.

15. lukhart

lukhart GBAtemp Stand User

May 10, 2018
    Brazil
    Ouch. Who would've guessed SciresM was the jerk :rofl:
    This gets better and better

Last edited by lukhart, Jul 13, 2018
  16. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Nice.

(forreal tho. Thanks for the catch up.)

17. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    It was his exploit I guess

18. Chary

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    From moment one, Reswitched was a group of amateurs. Skilled people among their ranks, for certain, but in the end, just a casual group of hackers banded together. This was inevitable to see things continue to crack and crumble. People at their core will usually find drama, reasons to undermine, and other such things. There's no regulation between them besides a Discord server with rules decided by them. TX has been a hacking team, a professional business when most of Reswitched were still in primary school.

19. Sevarg

Sevarg Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2017
    Japan
    You're like the 4th person on this thread to have said this and it is really bothering me to be honest.
    Needing money for a "full transition" doesn't warrant stealing somebody else's work/exploit and selling it. This logic is flawed and seems to an ideal that is all too common nowadays in the SJW communities.

Some user by the name of "Ping Long" apparently staff of Team Xecuter logged onto SimonMKWii's discord and started discouraging the devs from cracking SXOS and asking everyone to buy their product with bad english.
    It was pretty funny at the time to be honest and people just won't let the joke go.

asnka, TAUSENN, Pluupy and 5 others like this.
  20. zaku

zaku GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    When they abandon Atomsphere I hope they release everything so it's not wasted.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted