Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It was quite useful to know which versions were good and which ones weren't at the right time.

Gbatemp wasn't as accurate and clear as reswitched at the time, even if some screenshots were posted here.
Versions for what? System? Atmosphere? Hekate?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND/RedNAND support? Or just CFW for SysNAND? Many thanks.
Emunand is honestly a waste of time considering you'd need to write a 30GB image to an SD. It's not practical like it was on 3DS. And paperclips are cheaper than 128GB+ sd cards. I'd imagine it'd be easy to implement in fs_mitm anyways so if that happens, just load that kip in ReiNX and it'll work. *shrug*

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Emunand is honestly a waste of time considering you'd need to write a 30GB image to an SD. It's not practical like it was on 3DS. And paperclips are cheaper than 128GB+ sd cards. I'd imagine it'd be easy to implement in fs_mitm anyways so if that happens, just load that kip in ReiNX and it'll work. *shrug*

It's useful for the people who are still technically on a low firmware and want to
just upgrade the emuNAND ^_^

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh. the thread is on topic and proceeding smoothly.
... -squints suspiciously-
hrmm...

@Reisyukaku fuck's sake when you said you would work on it this weekend i didn't know you meant finish the thing
Nice work!

It's useful for the people who are still technically on a low firmware and want to
just upgrade the emuNAND ^_^
Don't we have a way to upgrade without burning fuses? If that could be practically implemented into a CFW, you could emulate EmuNAND.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't we have a way to upgrade without burning fuses? If that could be practically implemented into a CFW, you could emulate EmuNAND.
That method involves hijacking the Switch's bootloader before turning on the console. Meaning you'd have to install the CFW. Which we cannot do without Nintendo's trustworthy keys. Until that happens, AutoRCM is our best bet.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh I'm on the latest with my original fuses unburnt just waiting for a coldboot then I'll go back down to 1.0.0 and just update the emuNAND
Yeah, but what if- hypothetically- you implement that into a cfw, so your original firmware was always 1.0, and the cfw just is 5.1 or whatever?
That method involves hijacking the Switch's bootloader before turning on the console. Meaning you'd have to install the CFW. Which we cannot do without Nintendo's trustworthy keys. Until that happens, AutoRCM is our best bet.
Couldn't it be done on 1.0 only, even? I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of that firmware, but from what I hear, it's wide open. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm speculating with no basis.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but what if- hypothetically- you implement that into a cfw, so your original firmware was always 1.0, and the cfw just is 5.1 or whatever?

Couldn't it be done on 1.0 only, even? I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of that firmware, but from what I hear, it's wide open. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm speculating with no basis.
i mean, i would imagine if you only boot cfw and never boot ofw you'll never run fuse burner code so yea.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically yes, but look how many people have a 1.0 console (unfortunately)
There's still a sizable portion. Might be worth making a bounty if the interest is low enough, people have been waiting since March 2017 for something like this.
i mean, i would imagine if you only boot cfw and never boot ofw you'll never run fuse burner code so yea.
Hm. How long would that take to create something like that for niche users once a proper CFW solution is completed? As above, if it's prohibitive, I'll back it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1