Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am on 4.0.1 and I met the same problem with LayeredFS: once a LayeredFS application has been started, even when it has been exited, the Homebrew application will crash (on the previous version, I met this issue only if the LayeredFS application was not exited).
I "solved" the issue (and get back the old crash behavior) by removing "pm.kip" loading from the LayeredFS configuration.
What "pm.kip" is supposed to manage?

Last edited by OperationNT,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.0.1 and I met the same problem with LayeredFS: once a LayeredFS application has been started, even when it has been exited, the Homebrew application will crash (on the previous version, I met this issue only if the LayeredFS application was not exited).
I "solved" the issue (and get back the old crash behavior) by removing "pm.kip" loading from the LayeredFS configuration.
What "pm.kip" is supposed to manage?
pm.kip blocks eclct from launching which is a telemetry sysmodule

Reactions: OperationNT

FINAL94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are confusing eclct with creport. eclct's main gimmick is blocking certain telemetry from being sent to Nintendo. creport is the one that redirects crash reports to the SD card.
So if i play without pm.kip there are more chance nintendo ban me right?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question.
I want try some games before purchase (yes yes, really, in order to know if I will like it), how do I use signature patch?
Also, what is the method with the least ban risk?
Is turning Airplane Mode ON, backup NAND, install NSP, play, then restore the NAND is safe enough, or is there any extra steps to delete all traces of nsp/piracy?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.
I want try some games before purchase (yes yes, really, in order to know if I will like it), how do I use signature patch?
Also, what is the method with the least ban risk?
Is turning Airplane Mode ON, backup NAND, install NSP, play, then restore the NAND is safe enough, or is there any extra steps to delete all traces of nsp/piracy?
I believe the signature patches you are referring to are either the ES patches that ReiNX uses or the IPS patches rajkosto compiled for usage with Atmosphere. Either way, there will be a folder named patches if you download the latest SD files so as long as those are on the SD card, then you will automatically be using signature patches (after you load the respective CFW through an appropriate bootloader, namely ReiNX or Hekate).

For the least ban risk, what you described is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Asia81

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So after use these files I can simple connect the switch to internet to use sys/ftpd? should i manually do something? i really don't understand how to use a .kip file

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So after use these files I can simple connect the switch to internet to use sys/ftpd? should i manually do something? i really don't understand how to use a .kip file

Well you'l need an FTP client on your PC obviously and connect it to the Switch via the switch's IP address and setting it to port 5000

Reactions: Meriadoc

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you'l need an FTP client on your PC obviously and connect it to the Switch via the switch's IP address and setting it to port 5000
Doesn't need to configure 90dns ? For major safety and avoid for sure ban.
I'm scared to connect the switch to the internet,never done in a year before xD

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doesn't need to configure 90dns ? For major safety and avoid for sure ban.
I'm scared to connect the switch to the internet,never done in a year before xD

You can use 90DNS just to make sure that all Nintendo connections are blocked. I will warn you though, transferring large files over FTP can be incredibly slow

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use 90DNS just to make sure that all Nintendo connections are blocked. I will warn you though, transferring large files over FTP can be incredibly slow
Thanks. I doesn't need to transfer big files ,I only want to use sd file updater and some saves editor on pc witouth the hassle of shut down the switch and remove the micro SD :)

Last edited by Meriadoc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X