Korean Wii to 4.1U want to install USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by macmel, Feb 24, 2012.

Feb 24, 2012
  1. macmel
    OP

Member macmel GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    As the topic says, I just bought a Wii which is a Korean version but region changed to 4.1U. I have modded a few US Wii version with Modmii. Just wanted to make sure which option I would choose in ModMii if I wanted to keep the 4.1U version. Should I choose U=USA as it is on 4.1U menu or should I choose K=KOREAN as the Wii is a Korean version?

It has the HBC already, all I wanted to install/use is CFG USB Loader. But I would probably need to load the cIOS to use a USB loader also. So this is the options I have chosen, is it correct?

*Current firmware is 4.1U
    *Desired firmware is 4.1U

*Install and\or update recommended cIOSs
    *Download Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM)
    *Install IOS236
    *Install and\or update Priiloader
    *USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

Thank you in advanced...
    MaCMeL

2. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    The System Menu and also the EEPROM itself has been modified to work as a US console. So you can call it now a US.

But still, do warn that do not install any official/stub IOS 60,70,80. If you do, 003 is the thing you will get.

Anyway, you should set your current firmware same what's your wii. then choose the desired firmware to 4.1. And there are missing on the installation and most important is, that's the region changer.

Also, you might not want to use any SDHC cards while modifying Wii. Softmod tools hates SDHC, specially MMM which is responsible for most of wad installations.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    That is correct :D

1 person likes this.
  4. macmel
    OP

Philippines
    Hi,
    Thank you for the reply, What do you mean by official/stub IOSs (not sure but I think I wont be getting those when I use ModMii?). Also to clarify that my Korean Wii is already region changed to 4.1U, do I still need to have the Any Region Changer?

1 person likes this.
  5. XFlak

Canada
    The ModMii Wizard will not download anything dangerous, so you don't have to worry about stubs or 003 bricks when using ModMii.

Since your Wii is already region changed you do not need to use Any Region Changer (ARC) again. But don't worry, the ModMii Wizard guide wouldn't have told you to use ARC anyways, just follow the guide and you'll be fine :D

1 person likes this.
  6. macmel
    OP

Philippines
    Hi XFlak,
    Thank you once again for the clarification. You answered all my questions :)

7. XFlak

Canada
    no problem! If you ever have more questions you know where to reach me :D