Antiheld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

I want to get a box to use Kodi and emulation. I can't decide between Raspberry Pi2 and an Android Box. Which is better for:
-emulation up to PS1 and N64
-video files in 1080p

If you would say Android. Which box would you suggest?

Which controllers do you use for gaming?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were to get an android box I would personally suggest the Nvidia Shield TV, since it's really versatile and gives you the option of playing PC games on your TV if you have an Nvidia graphics card

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For a budget machine I'd recommend a raspberry pi 2 with retropie. You can install Kodi on it, N64 is getting better and you can also play a handful of Dreamcast games on it. The downside is, if you never used Linux you're stuck on tutorials for a while.
You can almost use any controller you like, I use a Raphnet 4nes4snes chip and after changing some lines it works flawless. For Kodi you can either use a keyboard or you install Yatse on a smartphone for navigation.
It's a well spent 35 dollar ;)

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Shield ATV is worth the money. Raspi will cost you a little more then 35$. I think you will spend around 38€ for the pi and then a Case for like 5-10€, a power supply 6-12€, SD Card depending on size 10-30€. So you might end up with around 90€.
I also think you will need 2 SD cards one for Kodi (openElec) and one for emulation (Retropi).
If you dont have a controller you might need to buy one of em also. The Xbox 360 is pretty good.
If you add all that up you might end at 120-130€.
I would really save up for a shield tv then, because its much better then the Pi.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1