Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I almost didn't see this :O
I almost thought nobody cared anymore.
Hey man, I care D:

Did you know that every time I see your avatar, I think of Cyan's theme?
No, I didn't know. Is that bothering you or do you like that song?
I like that song! It's weird because your theme sounds more Asian than Shadow's theme. He's a ninja, and yet his theme sounds more like an American wild west song :blink: Want to trade theme songs?

How did you become interested in learning Japanese?
I went 10 days to Tokyo. I don't know if I'll ever travel again.
If you had the time and the money, would you hang out with me in Japan?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how did you become a mod?Last year I received a PM from Costello saying they thought about me as a moderator and asked if I wanted to join the staff.
what made you join gbatemp?Piracy (There were ROMs at that time).

Do you adhere to the 'French are wussies' stereotype? I had to check the definition of wussie. I found two of them. "have no strength" and "forfeit easily when finding a problem".
I didn't know we where seen as wussie, I thought French were seen as dirty and stinky not taking showers, or uneducated and grumble. (And I can tell you, unfortunately all that is real, it just depend on the person. I guess every country have people like that). French are wussies... I don't know. French are always grumbling, that yes, It's even a stereotype view from France!
How did that stereotype come about? It's the first time I hear it. By googling a little, I found some mention to wars (Afghanistan) where french troops retreated and it made them wussies. on an individual view, I guess it depend on the people, some are fighting for their dream or job, and other are not even trying.
Do you think French are wussies? No *
Do you think Americans are fat? Yes *
Do you think Englishmen all wear nice hats and monocles? yes, 100 years ago *
Do you think all Asians squint their eyes? no (as I don't think they are forcing it, it's natural).
Do you think Mexicans steal jobs? no
What is your stance on offensive/racist jokes? it's ok as long as it's a joke. And we have a lot of jokes between France and Belgium :P
*but I know it's not everyone, it's just about the stereotype French people have about these countries.

Why Cyan? I wanted a nickname from a manga/anime/video game character whom I felt was like me, whom I could identify. I was (and I still am, I think) like Cyan from Final Fantasy 6. He is always alone, out of the group, he likes helping others without searching fame, he is curious and want to learn how things are working.
What are you learning in the engine room?
You've been here for almost 10years now but you only have approx. 4.5k post, i suspect you had some major down time or is that the art of lurking? The first two years I didn't post a lot. since the release of the Nintendo DS I'm helping users and posting more, but I'm usually posting only when I feel like I have something to add. I don't post a lot as I'm shy and don't usually integrate with other user's funny threads. I'm maybe too serious.
Do you read KYT threads? Not often because I miss time to read every threads, and because I don't know a lot of users. I try to read KYT from users I know, but I rarely ask a question.
You married? I'm forever single. I'm living love story by proxy (movies/books) by identifying to main characters.
What does this mean in english? It's the one from Densetsu's test to translate bahamut, right? I can't translate it. I recognize words and kanji, but not enough to understand it.
Two things you got banned from? Why would I got banned from somewhere? Never happened
What do you think when you see the name SinHarvest? a mix between Sinbatsu (another user here) and Harvest Moon
Are you also addicted to cleaning you ears with Q-tips? addicted? nothing like that. It's just the usual way to do it (at least in France).
The game you've spent the most time playing is? Ragnarok Online (3 years, played almost everyday).
What are you craving to eat rite now? I'm not hungry but sleepy (00h20), but if I continue thinking about eating I may want to eat some cakes/biscuits.
What is the most inspirational song you ever heard?hard question. you mean by the texts? I don't remember being inspired. I just like music for their melody.
Any quirks that you don't like about yourself? Not that I don't like it, but I have stretchmarks which are usually after a pregnancy. it's quirks for a guy, no? (and no, I'm not fat or didn't had an abnormal growing rate)
What is your greatest regret? Letting someone leave without telling her goodbye.
What fascinates you the most? Yoshitaka Amano's drawings.
What do you do for a living? I'm working in a public office to help peoples doing their papers.
Are you good at what you do? yes
Your desired career? I wanted to by a programmer, animator (3D CG), or working in cybernetics. Now I don't think I can make any of them anymore.
Favorite sport? Baseball (in anime. Never seen or watched or played a real one)
A movie you'll never forget? I usually never forget movies. I remember their stories even when I watch them again few years later I can tell what will happen next.
If humans could develop 'powers', how would they go about doing so? mutation (science or accident), or just natural evolution (developed senses for example, like telepathies/seeing entities/sensing new things that wasn't natural for human before but which always existed).
Do you think if we truly believed in magic, we would be able to harness it? Yes. no need to believe it when it's already possible (harness it). Or else it's not harnessing it, but learning it by believing a new power.
What do you hold dearest to you? Anything I own. I'm conservative.
Greatest achievement in life, thus far? I don't think I've achieved anything. And I don't finish what I start, so I can't call it an achievement.
Do you think that waiting for our 'first time', may it be a life changing event or not, to be perfect even though it may never come true? I kind of waited too long for my "first time" and find it more difficult to make it happen now. Waiting too long can make it not perfect anymore.
You still in love with the first person you fell for? I still have a little though about her in a part of my memory. But it's not love. Just a thought.
What do you think will happen to us when we die? We shouldn't care about it, once dead you are not here anymore to care. And if there's something after that, then you can't come back anyway so you'll see when you'll be there. Though, some people already have some "sense" (power/magic/call it like you want) which can communicate with entities/another world/dimension/whatever it is. It's not because scientific couldn't demonstrate something YET that it doesn't exist.
Describe your closest life and death situation. I didn't have one. Everyday life can be a death situation. You can end up in a car accident in an instant, heart attack, stroke, aneurysm rupture, etc. it's always a life and death situation, you just shouldn't take any attention to it or else you can't live stress-less. (for people who are not already life-long-stressed)
Do you believe time bears it all away; the hatred, the sorrow, the regret? You never really forgot, you just accept it. Put it on a side of your head and live with it.
What makes you happy? being free to do what I want without thinking I'm maybe annoying someone. (like playing games, watching anime, listening to music I love but other find unsustainable.)
What did you last dreamt? I guess you are talking about objective. I don't remember any. (Wuss again?)
What is your dream? I would like to see ViolinTay and Lara in live at Frankfurt this July 7th/8th :P but I will certainly won't go (anyone interested to meet me there?). I also dream of winning Loto to stop working.
What do you think is your reason for living? I don't have any reason. It's just a biological state (birth).
Your philosophy on life? Used to be Hakuna Matata (Don't worry, Don't care). But, I don't know if it still apply. I don't work by any philosophy, every situations in life are different and require a different approach.
Thanks for your questions.
I'm glad you asked and hope you found interesting things.
Sorry if there are few things I didn't understood correctly.

Hey man, I care D: Thanks :)

Want to trade theme songs? Yeah, I like both, maybe shadow's song more :P

If you had the time and the money, would you hang out with me in Japan?
Maybe yes. Though, the more I wait and the less I want to move/travel. I'm a stay-at-home person and don't like going out or talking to people. (a real geek with psychological social trouble).
I already have a friend at Tokyo (the one who invited me in 2002), but we visited only Tokyo.
I don't want to bother him and his family. I know he doesn't have a lot of holidays. 10 days was already a lot for him. when he went to France he stayed 2 days only. (more plane time than visiting time).
I would like to visit other cities, other regions, not only big cities.
I don't like travel agencies with predefined path, as it's too guided, too "now there, now this, now that", no free time.
So, being with a friend is maybe a good idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb