Homebrew Kitkat/snicker stream: poor frame rates

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I hacked my N3dsXL, installed NTR boot selector and tried to connect to snicker stream and kit kat but I always get frame drops and the quality is terrible.

I can connect it but cannot improve the quality. I have a decent AC3200 router and my computer have an i7 processor and 1070gtx graphics card. I've googled everywhere but I could not find the most recent result anywhere. Ive heard to use a wifi usb dongle and connectify though but im not sure how that exactly work and what mbps is required or even if i need to bother using it. I was hoping if I could get some advice here.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I hacked my N3dsXL, installed NTR boot selector and tried to connect to snicker stream and kit kat but I always get frame drops and the quality is terrible.

I can connect it but cannot improve the quality. I have a decent AC3200 router and my computer have an i7 processor and 1070gtx graphics card. I've googled everywhere but I could not find the most recent result anywhere. Ive heard to use a wifi usb dongle and connectify though but im not sure how that exactly work and what mbps is required or even if i need to bother using it. I was hoping if I could get some advice here.
Are you using an Ethernet connection? That sped up my fps significantly. Also, if you're using wireless and you have anything Bluetooth hooked up to the PC, I've found that significantly drops fps. Also, i do not use connectify. My 3ds is hooked up wirelessly on my 2.4ghz router (which you should use 5ghz my router is just old) and my PC running an intel i5 7400 with a gtx 1060 is hooked up via Ethernet with me using a ds4 hooked up via bluetooth for inputs.

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very close as my router is close to my computer (an arm reach). And most of my family is on the 5GHZ channel now so my 2.4GHZ should be fine for the 3ds i have no connectivity issues outside of this snickerstream issue.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very close as my router is close to my computer (an arm reach). And most of my family is on the 5GHZ channel now so my 2.4GHZ should be fine for the 3ds i have no connectivity issues outside of this snickerstream issue.
And kitkat slim has the same issues? Ive found that snickerstream sometimes doesn't function as well as kitkat slim, but that's my experience. Otherwise, im not sure what else you could do. sorry.

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I honestly have the same issue... If I put the quality to 100, I get 15 fps max... And I have tried everything.
I don't see why either... Between three different PC's and 3 different systems and all kinds of setups, I don't understand how people achieve frame rates of 40-50...

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Try setting quality to 90 (or lower), and QoS to 101. Are you streaming both screens or one screen only? Streaming both screens will significantly degrade quality so it's recommended that you disable the lower screen entirely.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I honestly have the same issue... If I put the quality to 100, I get 15 fps max... And I have tried everything.
I don't see why either... Between three different PC's and 3 different systems and all kinds of setups, I don't understand how people achieve frame rates of 40-50...
It's never a good idea to set quality to 100. Read the ImageQuality section to know exactly why.
Lower the quality value to 70 and try again, if you still have low framerates then try lowering it even more to reduce the frames' size. Anything over 50 will have a good enough image quality without showing many onscreen compression artifacts.

Wii8461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
It's never a good idea to set quality to 100. Read the ImageQuality section to know exactly why.
Lower the quality value to 70 and try again, if you still have low framerates then try lowering it even more to reduce the frames' size. Anything over 50 will have a good enough image quality without showing many onscreen compression artifacts.
I never use 100, It was an example that it gets a terrible fps. It's usually at 70. Which will get to a max of 30 fps, usually around 25. I wouldn't mind 70... But it makes the video have a bunch of noise and look like a poorly compressed Jpeg. I've seen people getting higher fps than me and their picture looks nicer.

Last edited by Wii8461,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm