Gaming Kirby Super Star Ultra hacking

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Kirby Super Star, and of course I love it's DS remake. One thing that always bugged me every time I played it is that it isn't hard enough. All of those abilities could be used for killing ~20 enemies on screen at once, but they never seem to take the opportunity. Even DeDeDe's Revenge wasn't very hard at all, particularly for a veteran SS player like myself.

I did some research to see if any Kirby Super Star (SNES) romhacks are available, and came across this page. I was wondering if a similar editor existed for the superior NDS remake. I have some ideas as to how to improve the game's difficulty, and ESPECIALLY the difficulty (and possibly length of) Milky Way Wishes, hopefully making the game more fun in the process.

If completed, I would call the game Kirby Ninja Star Ultra. Why? Well, after exploring some of the more nuanced abilities of the Ninja ability, it turns out that it's proper use would make one invincible, and able to deal tons of damage to any enemy in a relatively short amount of time.

What do you all think? Is there a way to edit Kirby Super Star Ultra at the moment? I would really appreciate the ability to do so.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one of those is a patch called HellMaster, but it spits out a corrupt rom, even if you use a clean rom.

It's an ips patch, so you use IPS XP or whatever IPS patcher suits your fancy.

On startup of the patched rom, there's just a white screen. Looks like it's either a botched project or a work in progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-