Kingston MicroSD cards

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I have an inquiry about a Kingston microSD card that I bought with my Supercard DSTWO back when it came out and I am starting to question the authenticity of the card that I got with my order. It's an 8GB, and hasn't seen a lot of use the last few months since I haven't been taking it in and out of my flash card much. But it's been causing me a lot of problems with files and folders incapable of being removed from the memory card, therefor preventing me from even backing up my data before I format it. Can someone verify whether these flash memory cards are authentic or are they just some cheap knock off labeled Kingston because to be honest I am not impressed with the quality of the microSD, most of the other ones I have purchased were just fine.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
read the post linked above^

early microSD cards from shoptemp came from an unofficial supplier.
After some customers had issues with their cards, they decided to change suppliers going for an official Kingston supplier.

If you ordered less than 6 months ago you can still have your card exchanged for free
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it sounds as though you bought the microSD card whilst there was trouble with the suppliers.
That wouldn't be an issue now, but you should contact Shoptemp and ask for a replacement if possible.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, that would be it then. I managed to get important data off it and formatted it, thankfully I have another 8GB Kingston lying around that I can use, since the one that I thought was borked still works after being formatted so I threw it in my cell phone
tongue.gif

Thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr