kingston class 4 vs pqi class6 sdhc 4gb

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by smellyfungus, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009
  1. smellyfungus
    OP

Newcomer smellyfungus Member

United States
    hello im gonna get my acekard 2i any day now and i was just wondering if there was any reason to use the kingston (since its reputable) over the pqi (which is faster)

the setup guide only referenced a-data in terms of class 6 cards. i plan on filling the entire card also, will that affect performance? (all games are in seperate folders)

thanks for your time.

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've never heard of PQI. I'd stick with the big name brands like Sandisk and Kingston. Also, from experience, you can't really compare speed classes of two different brands unless you do a side by side comparison yourself. I have a Class 2 card that has a faster read/write speed than a Class 6 of another brand (benchmarked with Flash Memory Toolkit). Keep in mind that the most important stat is the card's access rate (how long it takes to seek to the requested data), not the read/write speed. Having a slow access rates will cause games to crash, freeze, etc.

Filling up the card may affect performance slightly but not enough to be noticeable. Make sure you read the AKAIO Wiki and format the card properly with the Panasonic Formatter.

3. smellyfungus
    OP

Newcomer smellyfungus Member

United States
    thanks for the help. im gonna try to flash toolkit thing right now and see which card is better.