Gaming Kingdom Hearts on the Switch?

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a bit of a chance, I wouldnt hold my breath for the release of it, but Square just said to days ago they are focusing on the switch, and they are thinking of old titles as well as new titles to bring to the switch. So that means we are definitely getting ports of older games, but who knows how the licensing with KH works. They have been on nintendo systems before but never any main title games.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Square Enix could port the PS3 version to the Switch and I'd support it but Squeenix doesn't seem to be too interested releasing KH on a Nintendo system lately. Hopefully that'll change.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Seeing how KH series have appeared on nintendo consoles (gba, nds, 3ds...), it may happen some day (pls Square)

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Square Enix now only makes KH games for the Playstation consoles due to players wanting it all to be on one unified platform (wtf is wrong with you people). But now with KH3 they're going to release it on the Xbox One too, don't know if they're gonna do it for the Switch. A lot of optimization would be required to port KH3 or any new KH game to the Switch, so with all that I think it's highly unlikely. It is possible a new KH game just for the Switch could release (like for the 3DS Dream Drop Distance), but that depends on how well Square's other games sell on the Switch before that.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Square Enix now only makes KH games for the Playstation consoles due to players wanting it all to be on one unified platform (wtf is wrong with you people). But now with KH3 they're going to release it on the Xbox One too, don't know if they're gonna do it for the Switch. A lot of optimization would be required to port KH3 or any new KH game to the Switch, so with all that I think it's highly unlikely. It is possible a new KH game just for the Switch could release (like for the 3DS Dream Drop Distance), but that depends on how well Square's other games sell on the Switch before that.
KH3 would probably have to be downgraded tremendously to actually work on the Switch.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would literally kill for that 1.5 + 2.5 remix to come to Switch.
Nintendo got CoM, 368/2 Days, Re:Coded and DDD. There's a chance we might get 3 and the Remixes but as DeathBot said, I really wouldn't hold my breath for it. Hopefully Square will think something along the lines of "hey, we've got this game we've re-released so many times it's not funny, why not put it on a Nintendo console?"

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Relevant:
http://kotaku.com/1794066624

Not only is Square Enix developing a new title for the Nintendo Switch,the company’s president Yosuke Matsuda tells Trendy, “We’re even thinking about what feasible existing game titles we want to successively port [onto the Switch].”

What would be more realistic would be a Sleeping Dogs port tbh, the original version would be easy to port onto the Switch.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Square Enix is releasing a game on the Switch later this month but it's not what most of you are probably hoping...

spelunker.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn