Gaming Kingdom Hearts on the Switch?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Aye, it will be a challenge. But the tech to do it is there.
KH3 is most definitely going to be a huge game in size so it'd be costly for Square Enix in that regard and not only that, the Switch is in between console generations (PS4 > XO > Switch < WiiU < PS3 < 360) which isn't a good i.e., to satisfy developers. If the Switch got a port of KH3 it'd likely be PS3-fied, not really a bad thing as games from the 7th gen were visually impressive already.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, given how easy it is to optimize for UE4? Maybe not so much. Just some graphical drops, but nothing drastic.
The Switch is inferior to PS4 and Xbox One so it's likely to have more than just some graphical drops.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
KH3 is most definitely going to be a huge game in size so it'd be costly for Square Enix in that regard and not only that, the Switch is in between console generations (PS4 > XO > Switch < WiiU < PS3 < 360) which isn't a good i.e., to satisfy developers. If the Switch got a port of KH3 it'd likely be PS3-fied, not really a bad thing as games from the 7th gen were visually impressive already.

The Switch is inferior to PS4 and Xbox One so it's likely to have more than just some graphical drops.

Not as much as you want to think. I'd put money on it.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a KH3 spinoff. Still need Kingdom Hearts 2.81, 2.82, 2.83 etc before we get kingdom hearts 3. Never have I seen so many side games before the actual sequel. I lost faith in Square Enix with FFXV's wait and how it turned out. Lowest of expectations for KH3.

I don't see KH3 coming to the switch in the near future. Hell, I don't even see KH3 coming for ps4/xbox one in the near future. Maybe within a few years of release for KH3 it can come to the switch, possibly as a full KH 3.5 collection or something with all the games. Even then I see that coming out for the other platforms first

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts 3 powered by unreal 4 is coming to both the ps4 and xbone. I imagine the reason xbox one hasn't gotten the collections (at least the first two) yet is because they do not want to bother porting their engines to it and the switch. By waiting til KH3 is finished, they can port all 3 collections using the unreal 4 engine and assets from KH3. I believe there is a good chance of a 3 in 1 collection happening right before or right after KH3 is released for the xbox one and possibly the switch as well. Since my brother enjoys KH as well though, I would most likely buy them digitally for the xbox one and game share them.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is better to wait and see at E3 this summer. Many 3rd party support is hush right now. 3rd party is my highly hope for purchase Nintendo Switch this fall or next year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 powered by unreal 4 is coming to both the ps4 and xbone. I imagine the reason xbox one hasn't gotten the collections (at least the first two) yet is because they do not want to bother porting their engines to it and the switch. By waiting til KH3 is finished, they can port all 3 collections using the unreal 4 engine and assets from KH3. I believe there is a good chance of a 3 in 1 collection happening right before or right after KH3 is released for the xbox one and possibly the switch as well. Since my brother enjoys KH as well though, I would most likely buy them digitally for the xbox one and game share them.

Nintendo Switch have better background version than PS4 background version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it