Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Thanks for that.
smile.gif
Well, as long as the storyline makes sense internally without having to know the rest of KH storyline I guess I can stick with the game, at least mostly for the gameplay. I'm just the type who can't really enjoy a game without understanding the story.

Well, I think if you have even a passing knowledge of the series, you'll likely be able to enjoy the story here. It's pretty focused, and the whole Axel, Roxas, Xion thing feels very familiar to the chemistry of Riku, Sora and the other chick (forgot her name), which I'm sure there's a good reason for.
wink.gif

maian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing on an Acekard 2 (2.1), and it froze after the difficulty screen. I did the hex edit, and all seemed well until it froze in the middle of the first cutscene. =X "Day 7," about right when Roxas wakes up. Shall I try again, or might there be some sort of fix for this?

EDIT: Just tried again, froze in the same spot. ffffuuuuu-

Soulshine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed the scene when Xion, Axel, and Roxas are at the tall tower, are eating ice cream, and then when Xion is talking she is wearing her hood, she's not wearing a hood, and then she's wearing her hood? At first I thought she's revealing her true image only to Roxas, because when the Axel talks, Xion is wearing a hood, but when the scene changes, she isn't wearing a hood.
I forgot what day it was on...

rextintorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maian said:
I'm playing on an Acekard 2 (2.1), and it froze after the difficulty screen. I did the hex edit, and all seemed well until it froze in the middle of the first cutscene. =X "Day 7," about right when Roxas wakes up. Shall I try again, or might there be some sort of fix for this?

You are using AKAIO 1.4.1? If it's a yes, then change it to 1.5 (released September 22th) and you can play it without problems (at least I don't have any problems, after simply changing to 1.5).

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
mmm, i guess since xion is a nobody of a nobody (confusing ?, yes ) axel can't see her face, roxas can because xion is designed to mirro roxas or something like that, it's on kh wiki or something

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the 24th day and can confirm this working after Hex Editing. Using an Acekard 2i.

I have only played Kingdom Hearts before this game. Would it be not worth it to play this game without playing Kingdom Hearts II?

maian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rextintorz said:
maian said:

You are using AKAIO 1.4.1? If it's a yes, then change it to 1.5 (released September 22th) and you can play it without problems (at least I don't have any problems, after simply changing to 1.5).

I JUST put 1.5 on my system. Tried again, froze in the same spot. =/

Of course, maybe I didn't install it right or something. I haven't touched my firmware since I got the card. I extracted the files, and just assumed I should take the "_aio" folder to replace the "_ak2" folder that was previously there. That's...all I did. I took _ak2 off, assuming the _aio folder was everything I needed. akmenu4.nds wasn't in the folder, so I just slapped it on the root of the card with all the other ROMs. Mistake? Was it supposed to be in the folder? Would that change anything? >_>

maian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I don't know what I did, but it works now. Rad. When I booted up AKAIO 1.5 the first time, I had akmenu.nds file on the root with the rest of the games, and the OS folder on the root too. That resulted in a fugly menu screen with bare minimum functionality. I moved the akmenu.nds file into the _aio folder, and it wouldn't even start. ...I moved it BACK onto the root, and was greeted with the lovely, working-how-it-should-be Akaio menu screen. I got past that freezing point. Here's hoping the rest of the game is fine.

RocketBlender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else using an iTouch2 Enhanced? I'm trying to run it on the latest firmware (3.3B). The original version goes black right after I choose a difficulty. The hex patch goes right to black after it finishes loading. When I tried using iDeaS, it freezes on both roms right after difficulty select. Any advice?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Working perfectly unpatched on my Acekard 2i /w AKAIO 1.5.

Great game, good to see a real hand held KH game. That card game one for the GBA was lame.

Is this the first and only 256mb DS game so far?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
Working perfectly unpatched on my Acekard 2i /w AKAIO 1.5.

Great game, good to see a real hand held KH game. That card game one for the GBA was lame.

Is this the first and only 256mb DS game so far?

No, there are quite a few games out there now that have made use of that card size.

But technically, it's a h.a.n.d. handheld game.
tongue.gif

rextintorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
maian said:
I JUST put 1.5 on my system. Tried again, froze in the same spot. =/

Of course, maybe I didn't install it right or something. I haven't touched my firmware since I got the card. I extracted the files, and just assumed I should take the "_aio" folder to replace the "_ak2" folder that was previously there. That's...all I did. I took _ak2 off, assuming the _aio folder was everything I needed. akmenu4.nds wasn't in the folder, so I just slapped it on the root of the card with all the other ROMs. Mistake? Was it supposed to be in the folder? Would that change anything? >_>

Tried using a clean Kingdom Hearts ROM?

Also, what I did to my SD card with Acekard 2i: I placed the 1.4.1 version, then updated firmware with the file from Acekard site and replaced the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds for the new 1.5 ones. Oh, and of course a clean Kingdom Hearts ROM.

If you still can't play it, I have no idea what's wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ